Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Perfect Spark Antenna mod RP-SMA

Did my antenna 4hawks mod this evening. Gotta be really patient but it worked out well. I do experience a better transmission but that thing still cannot do that much magic in an urban environnement, which I did kind of dreamed of. I'll see what it can do in an open aera...

While reading all the antennas post I come to a conclusion you guys could reveal true or false : having my 4Hawks mod made on my Spatk RC, can I try about any antenna that fits on as my mod is basically "a simple clean install" with a 2.4ghz directional antenna? Then... would I be able to put omni antennas again, and even dual band (5ghz) if I whish to or do I have to prepare myself a second RC? Thanks, this mods are really making me enjoying my Spark even more!

While reading all the antennas post I come to a conclusion you guys could reveal true or false : having my 4Hawks mod made on my Spatk RC, can I try about any antenna that fits on as my mod is basically "a simple clean install" with a 2.4ghz directional antenna? Then... would I be able to put omni antennas again, and even dual band (5ghz) if I whish to or do I have to prepare myself a second RC? Thanks, this mods are really making me enjoying my Spark even more!
Yes, other antennas can be used if they have the same type of connector, RP-SMA if I am not wrong (my kit is at custom in the moment).
When modding at that level, a second RC (unmodified) could be very helpful for comparison as wifi condition could vary a lot without letting you know.

Reactions: Boudro
I think it is HERE. I ordered mine there.

Just wanted to let you know,
there is a Chinese antenna mod which includes a clean install kit too:
ebay #382183353949
The antenna looks promising too. Think it is worth to be checked out ...

Yup, got that kit here beside me, need to benchmark it but the weahther is bad and i have not much time.
Build Quaity looks great for the price.
Lets see how they stack up against the expensive CP from FPVLR, i am curiuos !

Ender

Hi there, I am a fresh Spark owner and found this antenna kit at Banggood.

It's dedicated to the Mavic, but would it also work with the Spark RC? Just to be sure...

Will I need any additional parts or just this kit?

And since these antennas are specified as "dual band" - can I use them with both, 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz mode?

Thanks for helping.

It looks like it should work. However, I did not try that kit. Also, the delivered antenna sticks may work well, but I don't know (untested antennas).
What I notice and what worries me a bit:
The known and tried conversion kit ( Clean Install Kit for DJI Mavic Pro ) has HF cables leaving the screw at a 90º angle, the Banggood one has straight HF cables. I don't remember if there is enough space in the RC for straight cables. The stock antennas use 90º cables too.
Other than that, Mavic and Spark RCs have an almost identical HF antenna construction, so one kit should work for the other just fine.

I assume you are aware that the conversion alone doesn't give you better range, right? You also need to use a directional antenna.

The known and tried conversion kit ( Clean Install Kit for DJI Mavic Pro ) has HF cables leaving the screw at a 90º angle, the Banggood one has straight HF cables. I don't remember if there is enough space in the RC for straight cables. The stock antennas use 90º cables too.

I assume you are aware that the conversion alone doesn't give you better range, right? You also need to use a directional antenna.
Good to know - thanks! Just to ensure: directional antenna = "patch" antenna?

I also found the ARGTek Antenna Kit - it contains patch antennas and the cables seem to be 90º angled, too (hard to see on these photos though). According to the description, there are dual band antennas included, but I am not sure if ALL four antennas are dual band capable or two of them are 2.4GHz only and the other two 5.8GHz.

View attachment 2357 I bought this antenna with RP-SMA adapters but I’m afraid to try it because I can’t find any good reviews on it.

I found this one, too - and according to the description, this one seems to have the largest boost of all antenna kits. However, as you said, it's hard to find any reviews of it (why?), so please let us know if you are satisfied with it. I am very curious about this one! :)

If I understood it correctly, the "spiral kit" (I don't remember it's name) seem to have a broader radiation shape as a patch antenna so you don't need to exactly point the antenna to the RV all the time. Is that true?

Where did you buy it from?

BTW: My main concern is not to break any long range records, but to have a signal that is as stable as possible within a reasonable range.

Good to know - thanks! Just to ensure: directional antenna = "patch" antenna?

I also found the ARGTek Antenna Kit - it contains patch antennas and the cables seem to be 90º angled, too (hard to see on these photos though). According to the description, there are dual band antennas included, but I am not sure if ALL four antennas are dual band capable or two of them are 2.4GHz only and the other two 5.8GHz.

I found this one, too - and according to the description, this one seems to have the largest boost of all antenna kits. However, as you said, it's hard to find any reviews of it (why?), so please let us know if you are satisfied with it. I am very curious about this one! :)

If I understood it correctly, the "spiral kit" (I don't remember it's name) seem to have a broader radiation shape as a patch antenna so you don't need to exactly point the antenna to the RV all the time. Is that true?

Where did you buy it from?

BTW: My main concern is not to break any long range records, but to have a signal that is as stable as possible within a reasonable range.
Got them on eBay but they are also on Amazon. There are 2 reviews on YouTube. One says they are garbage the other says they’re good. I did try them on a dual antenna monitor/receiver as the receiveing antenna with an eachine mini drone and they seem to penitrate the walls fairly well.

Yes, found it on Ebay, too.

Hm... I'd really like to order one, but I am still a bit afraid of opening my RC :confused:

I am not sure how difficult it is to move all the guts out of the RC and put them back in afterwards. I built several racing drones by my own, but I never opened a DJI RC yet that is crowded with sensible stuff, switches and whatever.

How difficult is an antenna swap? Pro level or no big thing at all? o_O

Yes, found it on Ebay, too.

Hm... I'd really like to order one, but I am still a bit afraid of opening my RC :confused:

I am not sure how difficult it is to move all the guts out of the RC and put them back in afterwards. I built several racing drones by my own, but I never opened a DJI RC yet that is crowded with sensible stuff, switches and whatever.

How difficult is an antenna swap? Pro level or no big thing at all? o_O
There is also a video on the installation on YouTube I think. If you are good at taking things apart and putting them back together it still is fairly involved. You have to disconnect several data ribbons. I guess if the antenna suck you can then get the sma antennas since you’ll have installed the connectors.

Yesterday i made it to 3300m@100m Altitude distance with the 2 Alfa APA-M25 ANtennae and of course in FCC mode. I didnt expect it and was really thrilled.
The reception was still okay but with the Alfas you really have to point towards the Sparky quite precisely...
When i turned to go home i lost connection for 10 seconds.
Worst connection is with Spark turned 90 degree but also if it turned 180 degrees the reception is a bit worth, so if in doubt justfly backwards to never loose connection.

G-reat ;-)

Ender
Any pics of the mod Red transmitter?

Hi !

I found the time to *do* it and its fantastic !
Not only do these Antenna fit but also the accompanying washers make the fit & look perfect.
See two images (some leftovers of the glue i needed for my first install of "normal" pigtails).
But i hope you can see how perfect the fit is !

Greetings,

Ender
View attachment 468 View attachment 469
Here's my mod I get serious range and I'm in a ce country I do only fly in 5.8ghz aswell for better live feed 1518637709408.jpg

What kind of range are you getting. I know I want to mod the controller I'm just not sure what antennas to go with. What would be really nice is, if people that have modified controllers shared what antenna they are using and the range they are getting under what conditions. It would be super helpful to myself. Really help if people are trying to decide

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502