Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Phone dying when out of sight ( Freezing Weather)

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
Has anyone being flying there Spark out of sight and there mobile device just shutting down because it freezing.

It actually took me awhile to figure out what to do because you don't have a clue which way the spark is pointing to fly it back.

I was about 3000 feet away recording my local Football team and after trying to get my Samsung s8 to switch back on, with no joy. I triggered the hardware rth (which I totally forgotten about I was just stood there hoping it was coming back, which it did a few minutes later.

And that's why they say keep Los if possible.

Last edited:
Flying BLOS is illegal in most countries for safety reasons, as already was mentioned.

But flying your Spark BLOS in freezing conditions, is a really BAD idea.

Flying BLOS is illegal in most countries for safety reasons, as already was mentioned.

But flying your Spark BLOS in freezing conditions, is a really BAD idea.
Yeah it's really a bad idea everyone knows not to do it. But people still do it.
Alot of new flyers that do these long range runs I see all the time don't realise that with the spark once you lose that screen with the spark your phone dying you haven't a clue where or what the spark is doing.

That is why I posted this. To warn people. But they'll still do it because DJI has that rth feature. But what would happen if that fails as well if spark goes into atti mode GPS rth doesn't work then you are really knackered.

Yeah it's really a bad idea everyone knows not to do it. But people still do it.
Alot of new flyers that do these long range runs I see all the time don't realise that with the spark once you lose that screen with the spark your phone dying you haven't a clue where or what the spark is doing.

That is why I posted this. To warn people. But they'll still do it because DJI has that rth feature. But what would happen if that fails as well if spark goes into atti mode GPS rth doesn't work then you are really knackered.
That is why its always good reason to make sure it has GPS hold on take off or right after and it records your ome point. if that happens just hit the RTH button on your controller. Of course the 2 times its happened with mine it automatacally RTH cause it lose contract with the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe