Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Polar Pro filters

spark29

Join
Apr 29, 2018
Hi. I know this topic has been up many times but i just want to get the
right filters for my Spark. I need the kind of Polar Pro filters that i can use in
bright sunny days so colors isn’t burnt out. Is the 3 pac version of ND filters
enough for every day time flying? I know there is a version 2 Polar Pro filters
for the Spark that doesn’t reguire gimbal stabilizasion.

The Neutral Density filters I use most frequently are ND8, ND16 and ND32. This covers sunny, really sunny and blindingly bright sunlight days respectively.

ND filters are only needed for video if trying to slow down shutter speed to 1/60 to achieve the cinematic effect of subtle motion blur. If this isn't desired you can get exactly the same exposure on sunny days by simply speeding up the shutter speed.

Those same ND filters serve no purpose in still photography because blur is not desirable. The exception is long exposure photography that uses even darker filters for extremely long shutter speeds.

Right now Best Buy has a 6 pack of Polar Pro filters on clearance for 60% off. That's an insane deal that won't last.

The Neutral Density filters I use most frequently are ND8, ND16 and ND32. This covers sunny, really sunny and blindingly bright sunlight days respectively.

ND filters are only needed for video if trying to slow down shutter speed to 1/60 to achieve the cinematic effect of subtle motion blur. If this isn't desired you can get exactly the same exposure on sunny days by simply speeding up the shutter speed.

Those same ND filters serve no purpose in still photography because blur is not desirable. The exception is long exposure photography that uses even darker filters for extremely long shutter speeds.

Right now Best Buy has a 6 pack of Polar Pro filters on clearance for 60% off. That's an insane deal that won't last.

Good info my friend. Unfortunable i live in Europe Denmark and can’t
buy from Best Buy

So if I'm shooting photos or video in overcast dull weather I don't need to put a filter on?

Properly no:) My problem is on sunny days with too bright colors when
filming video.

So if I'm shooting photos or video in overcast dull weather I don't need to put a filter on?

No. You do not use a ND filter for still photos (unless specifically for long exposure photography). ND filters are primarily for videography.

They are of greater benefit on sunny days rather then overcast days. Think of them as "sunglasses for your drone".

On those dull days when shooting stills you can instead turn on the histogram and adjust shutter speed (and ISO) to achieve proper exposure.

There are other types of filters besides ND. In some circumstances (hazy weather) a UV filter may boost dull colors. And polarizing filters (CP) can enhance colors by reducing glare and reflections from water or glass. These types are useful in both photos and video.

Last edited:
Yes. Those look like it.

I have the cinematic series of PolarPro and haven't lost one yet.

The band lines up with grooves on the Spark camera and friction fit very nice to the lens when installed correctly.

Yes. That's the same PP filter set that I linked to from Best Buy. The UPC / EAN product identification numbers match.

Unlike cheap filters that use suction or friction alone these custom fit the Spark camera with tiny metal hooks. And they are lightweight so no "Gimbal Overload" errors like the others.

Last edited:

Thanks for the heads up on the Best Buy sale, jumped on that one right away.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Why are these twice the price of the the standard 6 pack i just bought? Isn´t the 8-16-32 filters the same as the ones from the link i posted?

Buy more, save more! :)

I would think so.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme