Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Polar Pro Skeleton

mix123

Join
Dec 27, 2018
Does anyone have a long term review of the the Polar Pro Skeleton. I can mostly only find reviews when people bought it.

How does it hold up?

I saw some reports of it bending props...has that happened to you?

I've used one since last summer, including a 6-week road trip in Australia. In general I'm very pleased with it, although I do see a potential risk of the props getting 'stressed'. You have to be careful when mounting the skeleton as the props tend to rotate slightly and they might get bent when you close the clip if you don't double-check - make sure they are nicely centered in the arms.

I found the best way is to hold the skeleton upside down in your hand or on a surface then lower the spark down into the skeleton, if you see what I mean. I also have to remember put on my gimble guard first.

Hello Apache j, I have a tablet holder from Dirty J. Designs that works for me but they have this item, the Quick Draw Armour for Spark.

I don't know if it's any good, just thought I'd share it.

I've used one since last summer, including a 6-week road trip in Australia. In general I'm very pleased with it, although I do see a potential risk of the props getting 'stressed'. You have to be careful when mounting the skeleton as the props tend to rotate slightly and they might get bent when you close the clip if you don't double-check - make sure they are nicely centered in the arms.

I found the best way is to hold the skeleton upside down in your hand or on a surface then lower the spark down into the skeleton, if you see what I mean. I also have to remember put on my gimble guard first.

Thanks for this. So with a gimbal cover on it's pretty protected to just throw into a backpack?

sorry for the late reply
Yes, that's about it. It also has a clip to allow you to attach it to a belt or backpack for example. With the gimble cover it's all well protected.

Looks interesting. May try one for short trips.
I have now had the Spark QuickDraw Armour from Dirty J Designs for about 2 weeks. It has proven excellent used with the included belt clip, albeit I only use in specific circumstances like a quick bike ride, carrying it on walks just in case a photo op shows up, or the last scramble to a high point where I need my hands to climb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex