Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pondering on the Spark and what I have read and seen so far.

Malakai

Join
Jun 8, 2017
Loc
West Midlands, England
Hey everyone just a brainfart, I have been scouring the net for info and videos on the sparks that are already out there in the wild, looking for opinions and thoughts. There are some saying spend the extra and buy the mavic pro, better image quality, better video, better range etc. I started to think about this and my reasons for going for the spark.
As a photographer I keep having this analogy in my head, I have a Phantom 3 Adv already and a Spark on pre-order. I see my phantom like a DSLR, its got enough manual controls, resolutions and frame rates to suit my aerial photography and videography at the moment. I see the spark more like a point and shoot camera. I can throw it in a bag then send out to grab some quick snapshots. If I want shots with production value then I have the phantom.
I'm not expecting DSLR quality but what I have seen so far will suit me for social media and sharing with the family.

What are your plans with your spark? What do you expect to get from it?

I was going to get a Mavic.
But then I became horrified of all the stories of people crashing them in water, trees, buildings according the the Mavic pilot forum. Granted, the one not crashing them are probably not posting. But I figure it will be easier to justify crashing a $500 product vs a $1000 one.

I also will travel constantly with it. So the weight and size is ideal, as well as the simplicity of the controls. In fact, for a quick position somewhere, I don't even need to travel with the remote controller....

It is also my first drone. So I don't nessecarily mind being restricted in distance and height. Perhaps as I am getting more familiar with flights, I can upgrade to a mavic 2 in the future, if I need to.

Having the Mavic gimball would be nice, but I like your point and shoot analogy. Although there is no doubt that a DSLR offers more options to shoot an image, I am hoping that I can still get some decent shots.

Again, it boils down to the fact that it is easier to justify spending half the price of a Mavic to start with and getting one foot in the drone world.

I have a Mavic but ordered the Spark to keep in my car for those, "Oh, crap, I wish I had my Mavic" unplanned moments.

I'm not using either for business - purely the pleasure of flying and maybe getting a good still or piece of video.

For me, the Mavic and Spark are a perfect combination to meet any of my needs.

FlyMore and Have Fun.

I have a Phantom 3 Standard. Fun for flying and occasionally for day tripa but can be a pain to lug arouns. Im getting a spark for the portability and intelligent functiona. Eventually Id like to add a Mavic and probably sell the Phantom.

Reactions: Malakai
I have a Phantom 3 Standard. Fun for flying and occasionally for day tripa but can be a pain to lug arouns. Im getting a spark for the portability and intelligent functiona. Eventually Id like to add a Mavic and probably sell the Phantom.
It's funny, I was thinking about this last night. I'm going to hang off though. Just till they announce the Mavic pro 2.

I have an interest in photography. But, it's purely personal. I don't vlog, or anything like that. I like to record family days out, holidays, things like that. I've downscaled and sold my Canon 60D and replaced it with a Sony A6000, so the Spark fits in with my new gear and is 'good enough for me'.
I think it's like a compact system camera, good for personal use, and you'll get great footage - but you wouldn't use it for a business.

I have a Mavic but ordered the Spark to keep in my car for those, "Oh, crap, I wish I had my Mavic" unplanned moments.

I'm not using either for business - purely the pleasure of flying and maybe getting a good still or piece of video.

For me, the Mavic and Spark are a perfect combination to meet any of my needs.

FlyMore and Have Fun.
+1 I have multiple drones, but there are often times that I wish I had 1 with me in the car for those spontaneous moments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex