Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Pretty pathetic I know!

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Just had to let you know I flew Spark indoors today for the first time ever-I’ve powered up before but never taken off. Flights 217/8 all of 8ft distance and 6ft elevation. It was worth it just for the joy of powering up and taking off, oh and two safe landings too. The best thing was, thanks to the Forum, I expected a FlySafe update and sure enough there it was. Followed the advice the other day from Spark317 I think and didn’t use the OTG as I usually do and it downloaded without incident. WiFi connected perfectly and made sure all Bluetooth and other stuff turned off. So all in all a good day. Last flight was early March. No idea when I shall be able to fly outdoors again but this experience will give me the confidence to fly again indoors.

Congrats!

My first spark flight was out on the patio. Up to about shoulder level, then down.

Just had to let you know I flew Spark indoors today for the first time ever-I’ve powered up before but never taken off. Flights 217/8 all of 8ft distance and 6ft elevation. It was worth it just for the joy of powering up and taking off, oh and two safe landings too. The best thing was, thanks to the Forum, I expected a FlySafe update and sure enough there it was. Followed the advice the other day from Spark317 I think and didn’t use the OTG as I usually do and it downloaded without incident. WiFi connected perfectly and made sure all Bluetooth and other stuff turned off. So all in all a good day. Last flight was early March. No idea when I shall be able to fly outdoors again but this experience will give me the confidence to fly again indoors.
I haven't flown inside yet. Mind you as I look outside it does seem rather windy. Hmmmm?
Maybe the garage.

Reactions: twickers14
I remember the Very first time I flew. It was before I had the remote it was coming but, hadn't arrived yet. Fully Charged my Spark, did all the updates, took it outside on the driveway, Took off went up to about 4 feet and then back down again with my phone. Landed and turned it off.

I had been flying a cheapo Foldable drone, that had altitude hold but, only 8 minutes of flight time. Learned to fly on that drone, it was great fun. But now with the Spark, the spare batteries, and the Remote, it's just so much fun. Love getting air time!!!!

Back to the main title of this post, sorry got distracted, NEVER flown indoors with Sparky. WAyyyyyy too gun shy for that!

I remember the Very first time I flew. It was before I had the remote it was coming but, hadn't arrived yet. Fully Charged my Spark, did all the updates, took it outside on the driveway, Took off went up to about 4 feet and then back down again with my phone. Landed and turned it off.

I had been flying a cheapo Foldable drone, that had altitude hold but, only 8 minutes of flight time. Learned to fly on that drone, it was great fun. But now with the Spark, the spare batteries, and the Remote, it's just so much fun. Love getting air time!!!!

Back to the main title of this post, sorry got distracted, NEVER flown indoors with Sparky. WAyyyyyy too gun shy for that!
Give it a go. The thought of doing it was quite concerning but as I pulled back in the left stick she powered up to take off speed and up she very slowly went. Took it really slowly and hovered for a while using the rotate, back and forward before moving forward towards the kitchen door. All OK and landed safely. The only flight for 2 months!

Tried it once but didn't have a remote yet and controlled with phone... Lost control cut the window rollers like a knife trough butter ?...

Tried it once but didn't have a remote yet and controlled with phone... Lost control cut the window rollers like a knife trough butter ?...
Oh no! Always best to wait for the remote. I have never flown without one. Still at least you can say that you were at the cutting edge of our hobby!!

Reactions: Sjassie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis