Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Propeller guard query

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
Hi, in my 3rd flight that went so very wrong, I have sustained damage to one of the prop guards (see pic).
I had not noticed until I did a very short flight over the weekend. The blade hits the guard resulting in a no fly.
I removed the guard and flew with only three.

What material is the guard made from and can I use heat to try and correct it?
By the look of the motor surround, that is also deformed.
Or should I just get a replacement from gearbest?
Has anyone had experience with these?
[emoji219] sketch-1537162070326.jpgIMG_20180917_074418.jpg

Place it in some warm/hot water and it should be easy to flex it back. Once you are happy with the end result place the guard in icy cold water. That should "freeze" it in place. On the other hand they are so cheap that it might be easier just to buy a new set....

Place it in some warm/hot water and it should be easy to flex it back. Once you are happy with the end result place the guard in icy cold water. That should "freeze" it in place. On the other hand they are so cheap that it might be easier just to buy a new set....
Thanks it is worth a try as they are not that cheep here. (my other hobby is being a cheepskate [emoji857])

I tried on two occasions to use hot water and all I got was burned fingers.

did you dip it in and left it in for a while? Remember that the plastic needs to heat up for it to become a bit more flexible than rigid. I cant see how you ended up with burnt fingers unless you dipped your fingers in instead of the plastic...

[emoji847] Jep, left in for a while but will try again for a longer time. Shall I put in my thumb as well [emoji106][emoji855]

Hot water won't be enough for most thermoplastics. A better choice would be to heat up the specific area with a heat gun or hair dryer - but be careful so you don't melt it into a big glob! DON'T use an open flame, like a lighter. You'll char the plastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh