Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Questions using the OTG cable

If I have this right Spark owners with Android phones were having connection issues. It wasn't as much of an issue with iPhones or iPads, but the OTG connection seems to improve the connection with iOS as well. I know I was getting some imperfections in the video feed on occasion that the OTG seemed to remedy. Connecting Spark to RC is quicker also with a direct connection for me.

If I have this right Spark owners with Android phones were having connection issues. It wasn't as much of an issue with iPhones or iPads, but the OTG connection seems to improve the connection with iOS as well. I know I was getting some imperfections in the video feed on occasion that the OTG seemed to remedy. Connecting Spark to RC is quicker also with a direct connection for me.

Thanks for the reply. I did have a few glitches but nothing too bad. Maybe I just need to try it with a cable.

Considering how cheap the cables are, I think its worth the extra expense and trouble.

Jim, did you ever get a 1 piece cable that goes from the controller to the ipad mini 4 without having to use the OTG cable?

Josh, Check out some of the other topics where people experience bad video connections when using wifi between phone en rc.

Anyone found any longer cables (micro USB to lightning)? I have a tablet holder that puts the connectors about 10-12 inches apart (cable-wise). Will a standard usb 3 micro to micro cable work with the apple micro to lightning adapter?

I am waiting for Jim to get his Rantow cable from China as I heard good things about the cable. But I also read that 8" is not long enough so we will see when he gets his. I just want one cable and not two to connect the two just want to make sure it is not too short. Yes, I used all the 2 words in the last sentence.

Josh Call asked... " I've always connected with a cable. With the spark it just connects through wifi without the cable and it works good but wondering if I should be connecting with cable."

Josh, I have heard that the wifi can "drop out" in mid flight, thus the protection of the cable.........I bought a dongle that allows me to use my standard USB Samsung charging cable........to get everything "connected", I have had to start in wifi mode and then connect the cable and then drop wifi........

Well the Rantow one piece iPad Mini 4 OTG cable just arrived from China and it works just fine. It is just long enough as you can see in the photos below:

IMG_0954.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0956.JPG

I bought the Ugreen package of 2, there was an Amazon link to it someplace on this site. It is USB 2.0. I think I might have a uUSB to the Apple connect in my Mavic box although I know it is too short but just might try it and see if it makes difference.
I bought the same from Amazon and it works fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef