Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Quick Shot Wish List - Circle

redrydermedia

Join
Jun 22, 2017
I really enjoy the simplicity of Quick Shot.....particularly Circle. I just wish it would do more than one lap.
I like how Spark orbits around me and starts and stops the video automatically, but why stop at just one orbit? It just seems like the Fun stops just when it's getting warmed up! It should at least do two laps! You have the option of stopping it at anytime, so why not.
I like how it tracks as it's orbiting. How the distance changes as you walk and Spark tries to catch up. Walking with Quick Shot Circle mode is a great addition to the Active Track.

Reactions: Technokul
You could just activate active track on a subject and then use the on screen option to rotate around it. It won't create the quick video that the quick shots do automatically, but it should just continue to circle around your subject I believe.

You could just activate active track on a subject and then use the on screen option to rotate around it. It won't create the quick video that the quick shots do automatically, but it should just continue to circle around your subject I believe.
I played with that early on but didn't have much success....I will try that again.
Does it matter if you're in Trace or Profile Mode? Seems like once Spark starts to circle, it shouldn't matter.....????

Last edited:
I wish it was like the orbit on the Mavic. You flew over the object and marked it then flew back to your orbit radius. My spark can't seem to keep Locked on objects such as a tree or house.

I wish it was like the orbit on the Mavic. You flew over the object and marked it then flew back to your orbit radius. My spark can't seem to keep Locked on objects such as a tree or house.
I agree.....orbiting around a point would be nice, but that's one of the difference between Spark and Mavic. Spark uses Active Track which is optical/camera based, and I think Mavic uses a GPS point. Different technology and different results. I think Mavic also does Active Track.

I think the technology is there. Just need an update in the firmware and the DJI Go 4 app. It will come I'm sure. Right now it's still more of a selfie drone but with the controller, it's a lot better which might push more modes. Just like when th Mavic was released, there were much less modes and shots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef