Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Quickest way to get video out of the spark and onto my iPhone?

homeyjay

Join
Jul 19, 2018
I’m just downloading a 4min video from the Spark to my iPhone and it’s taking a very long time - 25 mins with many stops and starts. Is the fastest was to get it into my iCloud?

Also, I finally ran into some branches. Just how chewed up do the props need to be before you have to replace them?!

Reactions: horton
Although I do not use an iPhone, I have noticed the same thing with Android. Sometimes it takes forever with the stops/starts you described. I have not narrowed it down to a specific cause but I would make sure the Spark's battery is not low and try using a cable.
I have had some success with turning off and then re-starting the craft, RC and the DJI app to continue the transfer.
I have seen some comments in the past regarding this and it was suggested to hook directly from phone to the spark (USB port) and download that way but I have not tried that and can't recall the procedure/requirements.
Of course, the best/fastest way is to just grab them from the Spark's SD card. Maybe use an adapter to enable the phone to read the SD card?

If you are concerned about the props, just replace them...A lot cheaper than guessing IF they are OK and having to discover they were not

Thx, glad to see that I’m not alone with this!
Not concerned about the props but they have a few tiny dents on a couple of edges. Just wondered if you’re supposed to replace them as soon as they’ve been marked in any way or wait till the craft is not behaving right!

Get the SD card to lightening adapter. It is key! I have one, videos and pics transfer quickly. Then all videos you make are in 1080p.

Reactions: homeyjay
I noticed when my controller is connected to my spark it takes so long or won’t download at all. I have to disconnect my controller and then from the app (while Spark is on) I can download the original file (1080p) to my phone. I also use an iPhone 8+. Hope this helps!

You can connect the spark to you pc using the cable supplied. Turn on your spark and it looks like an external drive, just like connecting a camera. Look in the DCIM folder for videos and pictures.

I like this method because taking out the micro sd card is a pain in my opinion.

I like this method because taking out the micro sd card is a pain in my opinion.

How is it a pain? You just press it and it pops right out? Takes like 2 seconds.

Best method I've found, not including the SD to Lightening reader, is to use the PC to pull the file from the SD card and then drop the file into Google Drive, then use the Google Drive app on my phone to access it. Don't even need to actually download it to your phone because you can play/view it right in the Drive app.

How is it a pain? You just press it and it pops right out? Takes like 2 seconds.

Best method I've found, not including the SD to Lightening reader, is to use the PC to pull the file from the SD card and then drop the file into Google Drive, then use the Google Drive app on my phone to access it. Don't even need to actually download it to your phone because you can play/view it right in the Drive app.

It's a pain, in my opinion. It's a tiny card prone to breaking or loosing in the field or car. Don't scratch the connectors or your SOL, too.

It's a pain, in my opinion. It's a tiny card prone to breaking or loosing in the field or car. Don't scratch the connectors or your SOL, too.

Ok. I've inserted and removed micro SD cards thousands of times into a multitude of different devices and have never broken one, lost one in the field, or had any difficulty with them. Your results may vary, obviously, but I wouldn't call them prone to breaking by any means. I've got a couple that are about 5 years old and have seen lots and lots of use, still going strong.

Ok. I've inserted and removed micro SD cards thousands of times into a multitude of different devices and have never broken one, lost one in the field, or had any difficulty with them. Your results may vary, obviously, but I wouldn't call them prone to breaking by any means. I've got a couple that are about 5 years old and have seen lots and lots of use, still going strong.
Why risk it when you can simply plug your spark into your PC's USB A and turn it on? Anyway, the thread was about what is easiest. It's hard to argue that just plugging it in is not easy plus one has the added benefit of never losing the card. Losing it is a bigger risk than damaging it for sure.

Why risk it when you can simply plug your spark into your PC's USB A and turn it on? Anyway, the thread was about what is easiest. It's hard to argue that just plugging it in is not easy plus one has the added benefit of never losing the card. Losing it is a bigger risk than damaging it for sure.

Clearly you've not tried to reach/find an empty USB slot on the back of my PC. :p And based on history there's really no risk of damaging it or losing it in my house so that's not an issue at all for me. :)

Reactions: Dman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard