Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Rare footage of a dry season in The Netherlands

Looking kinda bad over there for you all.
We just had 40°C here.
And a lot of corn crop lost.
Looking at 41°C tomorrow or Tuesday

Gonna watch this one tomorrow, bandwidth is cr@ptastic tonight. We had a few hours of light rain today, the forest fires that are inching our way have been slowed ... they say they are under control now.. There are some much larger ones about 30 miles out (50km) which are currently out of control. At least we could open the windows again today, no more smoke or smell of fire. (for now) . Crazy life, last summer it was so wet here most of our vegetable garden was ruined. 40... dang, too hot for anyone. So its normally a little wetter in the Netherlands? (aside from the water levels!)

Nice video, sickno. Yes it is unusual dry in NL, but on the other hand you could also say we have a perfect flying season ;)
Where is that building located around 2:00 in your vid?
Hi Fly4joy
Actually it is more theb unusual. The summers of The Netherlands are humid. But its so dry that even the freshwater current is not strong enough anymore to withstand the saltwater current. This week it is hotter then last week and nobody knows when its gonna rain again.

That building is located in noordwijk to the rightside where the dunes start. Easy to locate. I used it to 'dramatize' the drought.

Hope it worked?

Hi Fly4joy
Actually it is more theb unusual. The summers of The Netherlands are humid. But its so dry that even the freshwater current is not strong enough anymore to withstand the saltwater current. This week it is hotter then last week and nobody knows when its gonna rain again.

That building is located in noordwijk to the rightside where the dunes start. Easy to locate. I used it to 'dramatize' the drought.

Hope it worked?
You dont have to convince me, I am living in the Netherlands. I am suffering from the same climate as you ;) The building was a nice addition for dramatizing :D

Looking kinda bad over there for you all.
We just had 40°C here.
And a lot of corn crop lost.
Looking at 41°C tomorrow or Tuesday
Wowwww... Nope 30C overhere. Normally we would have 2 weeks 25C. And then 3 weeks rain. But this season its 2 months 25-30C with no rain. So yeah it does have a impact on our climate.

Nice edit! The innawoods part is nice, flying between trees and under foilage canopies still frightens me. (Had some near-fatal RTH incidents where it would lose signal and zoom into the treetops)
Anyways, nice Work

Reactions: sickno
Nice edit! The innawoods part is nice, flying between trees and under foilage canopies still frightens me. (Had some near-fatal RTH incidents where it would lose signal and zoom into the treetops)
Anyways, nice Work
Keep practicing. Eventually you will develop enough courage to fky between trees. Besides the spark is a flying brick, it can take a punch.

I will soon make the fails and crashes in the woods. Its quite alot you know :)

This season The Netherlands is extremely dry. I tried to document this memory. I hope you you guys like the video.

Any feedback is welcome!

Nicely done! Bummer the sun kept messing with the camera exposure in the forest shots but nice flying! I was in The Netherlands 3 weeks ago for a cycling trip. Beautiful country!

Nicely done! Bummer the sun kept messing with the camera exposure in the forest shots but nice flying! I was in The Netherlands 3 weeks ago for a cycling trip. Beautiful country!
Thats a big loss for me indeed, i lost my ND filter. I think i will upgrade it to Polar pro, i had pgy maybe its time to get the polar pro's. Coool where did you went RMP?

Thank you northwood, any tips for documenting woods [emoji14] ?

Sure, watch out for bears and cougars! :D These days its wise to be careful with any motorized (gas burning) vehicles when venturing into the woods. There was a fire started in a farmer's field about 60km from us on the weekend, a spark (no pun intended) from a tractor's exhaust apparently. We are keeping our ATV/quads out of the forest while it is so dry, just in case.

Sure, watch out for bears and cougars! :D These days its wise to be careful with any motorized (gas burning) vehicles when venturing into the woods. There was a fire started in a farmer's field about 60km from us on the weekend, a spark (no pun intended) from a tractor's exhaust apparently. We are keeping our ATV/quads out of the forest while it is so dry, just in case.
I wish we had cougars and bears, then i woudnt search for poi's [emoji28] . woww that is a unfortunate accident... Poor farmer. We also had today a big fire in the national park 4 hectares of nature burned down... So yeah this heat is not good for anyone

Thats a big loss for me indeed, i lost my ND filter. I think i will upgrade it to Polar pro, i had pgy maybe its time to get the polar pro's. Coool where did you went RMP?

Sorry about your filter but the polar pro looks like a great filter. I cycled between Utrech, Gorinchem, Gouda and Woerden. It was beautiful!

Sorry about your filter but the polar pro looks like a great filter. I cycled between Utrech, Gorinchem, Gouda and Woerden. It was beautiful!
My previous was pgy and it was a good one. But i am not comfortable with the attachment of the filter. Thats why i lost it. The clip on mechanism looks solid. Thats why i think its better.

Alot of green places i see.where do you come from, as it was a holiday?

My previous was pgy and it was a good one. But i am not comfortable with the attachment of the filter. Thats why i lost it. The clip on mechanism looks solid. Thats why i think its better.

Alot of green places i see.where do you come from, as it was a holiday?

I live in Montreal Canada. Transport Canada regulations for drones are fairly strict so its a bit hard to find places to fly. It’s ironic because we have so much green space out here.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
I live in Montreal Canada. Transport Canada regulations for drones are fairly strict so its a bit hard to find places to fly. It’s ironic because we have so much green space out here.
Just so you know, the Canada rules have changed, and are far less restrictive than they were. They are a lot easier to comply with.

That said...I don't know of any enforcement unless doing something blatantly dangerous and posting it online.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis