Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC and Spark connect?

canalrun

Join
Feb 10, 2018
Hello,
Today was the first day warm enough to take my new Spark outside.

I have flown it a little bit in the house – just back and forth 10 or 12 feet.

I am using a Spark, RC (fly more package), and an iPhone 6+.

Today the first battery went fine. I flew around my backyard for 10 minutes. After I changed to the second battery, the RC would no longer link to the Spark (solid red LED on RC). I'm guessing I did something wrong, like holding the Spark power button too long.

I did the three button thingy on the RC, after holding the Spark power button for three seconds, the RC reconnected to the Spark. But, now Go 4 said there was no video feed.

Tried powering everything off/on, three button thingy re-linking the Spark to RC, now the iPhone would not connect to the RC. Aargh!

After playing around for about an hour without success I turned off the Spark and did the three button thing on the RC letting it flash green for about a minute with nothing to link to. Turned the RC off, turned the Spark on, turned the RC on, now the Spark and RC linked (solid green LED on RC).

On the iPhone, Spark-RCxxxx does not always show up. I have found, I think, that turning off the iPhone Wi-Fi then just after the RC LED turns green, turn on the iPhone Wi-Fi, the Spark-RCxxxx will show up as an available Wi-Fi connection.

Obviously I did something wrong. I don't know what. I think I may have inadvertently un-linked the RC from the Spark by holding the power button for three seconds.

I was able to re-link the RC and Spark using the three button thingy on the RC described in the manual, but does anyone know why it then said there was no video connection?

Did I stumble upon a way to reset the RC by doing the three button thingy, letting the LED flash green for a minute or so, then turning the RC off?

Does anyone know why the Wi-Fi connection to the RC sometimes does not show as being available?

Thanks,
Barry.

I had much better luck today flying around my backyard.
I'm still trying to get used to the Spark and learning a "how to use" procedure before going to other locations.

The following seems to be a workable procedure to get things going. After the pre-flight check:
  • On my iPhone 6+ go into settings-Wi-Fi. Turn off Wi-Fi.
  • Put battery in Spark, check it's inserted fully, turn on (press button once quickly, second time until five LED sequence completes).
  • Turn on RC controller, wait for flashing red LED to change to green.
  • Turn on iPhone Wi-Fi, connect to Spark-RCxxxx.
  • Open Go4 app on IPhone.
When the first battery gets low, to change to another battery:
  • Turn off battery in Spark. Remove battery.
  • Insert new battery in Spark. Check it's inserted fully. Turn on Spark battery.
  • Wait for RC LED to turn green. IPhone will still be connected, Go4 running. Live video will show.

Does this compare with the procedure others follow?

Thanks,
Barry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502