Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RC spark does not charge

Bessel

Join
May 30, 2018
my Rc from my Spark does not charge anymore. I have tried several different cables, but it does not work. Who can give me some advise to solve this?

my Rc from my Spark does not charge anymore. I have tried several different cables, but it does not work. Who can give me some advise to solve this?

Send it back for repair to DJI. Unless you can replace the charging port & any damaged components yourself? Maybe a faulty battery?
Do you have the basic charger or a fly-more combo, or a portable charger?

If you are charging via a PC/Laptop USB, it may not work. Does the supplied charger work? Please describe more details.

Try also another charging block or test the one you used with another device.
Did you leave it at least one hour connected ?
What said the LEDs on the RC ?
Can the RC start or the battery is too low ?

Try also another charging block or test the one you used with another device.
Did you leave it at least one hour connected ?
What said the LEDs on the RC ?
Can the RC start or the battery is too low ?
The charger hub is working, I can charge my batteriies. The battery of the RC still has some power and I can turn it on. When connected to the charger hub it does not give me the indication of charging. I tried several cables but no succes

Send it back for repair to DJI. Unless you can replace the charging port & any damaged components yourself? Maybe a faulty battery?
Do you have the basic charger or a fly-more combo, or a portable charger?
I have the fly more combo. The charger hub is working because I can charge my batteries. When RC is connected to the hub it does not give any indicating of charging. Sending it back to DJI is a option but in that case I will pay approx 80 dollars and the RC will be out for at least 2 months DJI says. In that case I prefer to buy a new one local ( Ecuador ) and have it available at ones

If you are charging via a PC/Laptop USB, it may not work. Does the supplied charger work? Please describe more details.
I have the fly more combo. The charger hub is working because I can charge my batteries. When RC is connected to the hub it does not give any indicating of charging. Sending it back to DJI is a option but in that case I will pay approx 80 dollars and the RC will be out for at least 2 months DJI says. In that case I prefer to buy a new one local ( Ecuador ) and have it available at ones

Can you charge the RC from another USB supply? - To test if it is the charger or a faulty RC port causing problems?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronason
I would still try another USB charger instead of the DJI, just in case. The fact that it can charge the Spark battery don't means that the USB outputs work.

Can you charge the RC from another USB supply? - To test if it is the charger or a faulty RC port causing problems?
I tried other chargers and cables but no result. If the usb cable is connected to my charger hub, I can charge my phone, so hub and cable are ok

I would still try another USB charger instead of the DJI, just in case. The fact that it can charge the Spark battery don't means that the USB outputs work.
I tried other chargers and cables but no result. If the usb cable is connected to my charger hub, I can charge my phone, so hub and cable are ok

So sounds like you will need a DJI or DIY repair. Sorry for you.

I had the same issue. I think the USB port on the rc was damaged somehow, perhaps when I plugged in a cable with too much force, though I always tried to be careful. The charging port is very fragile. I sent mine in for repair.

The main risk is to try to insert it the wrong orientation as it has a rectangular shape and it can broke/damage the pins in the RC connector. It is always better to double check it has correct orientation before inserting the charge cable.

It is always better to double check it has correct orientation before inserting the charge cable.

I put "UP" stickers on my cables to help me get it right the first time.

20180624_031138.jpg

I put "UP" stickers on my cables to help me get it right the first time.

View attachment 5488
That's a good idea if you use always the same cable. I use personally a color mark on the connector but I not always charge it with the same cable or charging station.
It is a pity DJI design it this way.

That's a good idea if you use always the same cable. I use personally a color mark on the connector but I not always charge it with the same cable or charging station.
in the meantime I bought a new remote, and will be very careful when charging. thanks for your comment

in the meantime I bought a new remote, and will be very careful when charging. thanks for your comment

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme