Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote charging.

Spark^

Join
Mar 20, 2020
Loc
Ontario. Canada
I just received a new usb cable to use between my android and remote but it continues to show the charging symbol. The old one did the same but much less frequently. This pops up every couple of seconds. Is there a way to disable the charging while using the spark? Cheers.

On android? No.
The usb port on your phone require 500 mW charge on newer Androids. It's part of the port spec. You cannot disable it.
Just ignore, you can easily fly 5 batteries and still have 50% left on your phone. Your screen is the major power consumer.

On android? No.
The usb port on your phone require 500 mW charge on newer Androids. It's part of the port spec. You cannot disable it.
Just ignore, you can easily fly 5 batteries and still have 50% left on your phone. Your screen is the major power consumer.
I cant ignore it. It flashes charging % every second. Literally. Before it was once every couple of minutes but now it won't stop.

Ahh..you mean like a popup charging symbol incl percentage?
Thats not normal, maybe your cable is not a proper otg cable?
Otg cables are also directional..
I had been using an otg adapter and cable which worked fine. When I tried the new direct cable is when the problem started. I then went back to the original and the issue continues.

That animated charging symbol isnt supposed to pop all the time.
When I charge my phone from the wall outlet, it only show itselves ones.
My bet is bad cable, connector or a port about to fail.
Try to examine all these parts, clean ports with compressed air (gently) if available.

I could be wrong, sure

Reactions: Spark^
i have to get a change of cables on my spark all the time they work for awhile then the quit but never have had the charging issue like that iget a warning at the first part of connecting but thats all .i,ve used all kinds of cables if it is micro ,and adapters ,finally my remote quit chargihg all together ,the pins broke off lucky spark flies just about any way you want gesture, on the phone controls , its an all around rig lol and dosen,t get road rage if the gesture is wrong

Reactions: Spark^
What's really weird is I have tried multiple cables both new and used. Ones that I knew were good. So I thought it might be the usb port on the phone (Samsung A70) I plugged in my mavic mini last night and no issue at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav