Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Remote Control Main Board failure in less than 12 months!

Kikisparke

Join
Feb 1, 2019
Hi all - we just want to share our disappointment with DJI service and product quality. I went to use the RC after it had been sitting in the case with the Spark for about 4-5 months...we have not used it very often. When I charged the RC, it would not retain battery power. I contacted DJI service and they said to send it it.

Well, apparently I contacted them 4 days after the 1 year warranty expired and they will not honor it. The charge is $65 for a mainboard + $65 for service, + taxes = $134. I can buy a brand new RC on Amazon with 12 month warranty for $119 - so this does not make sense to me. I also read about how they do not return the original one, but a refurbished one. Some people end-up having more issues.

After a lot of back/forth emails with DJI service, they said NO they will not honor the warranty since I called it in 4 days late. I personally think that's a BS call and poor customer service. Why would a mainboard fail within a 12 month period? They should've just sent me a new one at no charge!

I've asked them to return it without fixing it...maybe I can use it for spare parts in the future. In the meantime, we will buy a new one with a 12 month warranty and turn it on monthly!

We still love our little Spark but are extremely disappointed in their service department.

I doubt that their response is any different than any other supplier would be. I had a garage door opener motor fail 1 week after the warranty period and it was "too bad, so sad" from the supplier.
Sorry this happened to you though.

The problem with large companies is, that they are not flexible.

One or four or twenty days after warranty period, is out of limits in their systems, and none of their clients can take the responsibility to cover it.

Hi all - we just want to share our disappointment with DJI service and product quality. I went to use the RC after it had been sitting in the case with the Spark for about 4-5 months...we have not used it very often. When I charged the RC, it would not retain battery power. I contacted DJI service and they said to send it it.

Well, apparently I contacted them 4 days after the 1 year warranty expired and they will not honor it. The charge is $65 for a mainboard + $65 for service, + taxes = $134. I can buy a brand new RC on Amazon with 12 month warranty for $119 - so this does not make sense to me. I also read about how they do not return the original one, but a refurbished one. Some people end-up having more issues.

After a lot of back/forth emails with DJI service, they said NO they will not honor the warranty since I called it in 4 days late. I personally think that's a BS call and poor customer service. Why would a mainboard fail within a 12 month period? They should've just sent me a new one at no charge!

I've asked them to return it without fixing it...maybe I can use it for spare parts in the future. In the meantime, we will buy a new one with a 12 month warranty and turn it on monthly!

We still love our little Spark but are extremely disappointed in their service department.

Did you purchase the Spark and/or RC with a credit card? Many cards include an automatic doubling of the length of the manufacturer's warranty.

Reactions: Andre Levite
I had a rebuilt 350 Chevy engine fail ONE day out of warranty.
What do you think happened?

Sorry to hear and not meaning to be defending but it is a business.

Personally I have not had any issues except getting a lemon or two refurbed returns when I send in my Sparks.
Yes, I have two for this reason.
If so needed while one in the shop one in the air thing.

But yes, it is ridiculous when repairs are more expensive than the new item.

Did you purchase the Spark and/or RC with a credit card? Many cards include an automatic doubling of the length of the manufacturer's warranty.
Hi - never thought of that...I will check, we used credit card. To answer the other question, these were purchased together as a kit (drone + remote control).

Actually, we can purchase Care Refresh after 48 hours from drone purchase time, if we send a video to show that our drone is functioning well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme