Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

S8 to RC serious lag on live camera.

leemunden

Join
Jan 29, 2018
Hey people I have a Samsung s8. When I first got my spark it was fine now when I fly it via wifi with my phone in flight mode I get serious lag.

Please can someone tell me if there is a fix. I have an OTG cable but you don't get the flight height or map when using it so prefer the wifi.

Hey people I have a Samsung s8. When I first got my spark it was fine now when I fly it via wifi with my phone in flight mode I get serious lag.

Please can someone tell me if there is a fix. I have an OTG cable but you don't get the flight height or map when using it so prefer the wifi.
Drop back down to Version 4.1.15 for the Go4 app, and all will be restored with the OTG

....And make sure to go into the Play Store settings, if applicable, and set for NO auto update on the app once you have 4.1.15 installed.

That's great the k you very much [emoji4] hopefully the next update release will fix all bugs for the Samsung.

How it influenced your flight distance ?
Is it really better then flying with wifi only ?

How it influenced your flight distance ?
Is it really better then flying with wifi only ?
I've used both wifi and otg. I've heard the otg is more safe people find as it's not via wifi its directly in your phone with the wire.

I find that the response it MUCH quicker, I turn it, it turns on the screen, when using WiFi it is a little behind, that is why "I" think that it is safer

Have you tried turning off app optimisation? I did this last week on my S8 following the advice from another member. The lag is completely gone, its great now.

Go to device maintenance>battery>unmonitored apps. Now add the DJI app to the list. This i assume lifts the restriction on the app using a certain amount of power.

Have you tried turning off app optimisation? I did this last week on my S8 following the advice from another member. The lag is completely gone, its great now.

Go to device maintenance>battery>unmonitored apps. Now add the DJI app to the list. This i assume lifts the restriction on the app using a certain amount of power.
Hi yeah I did try this still got lag for some reason. I have now deleted the app and downloaded the older version until they bring a new version out which hopefully fixes the issue.

I use an S8 with everything up to date and have no issues. Have you recently bought a smartwatch? I take mine off and that makes a huge difference.

Oddly tried the spark again yesterday and the lag is back again. The only difference between last time is that i had a sd card in again.
So now im wondering if the lag is linked to the sd card somehow?? Its a fast card though.

Hi . I tested today the version with the otg and it is ok.

The only thing that bug me with the cable is that i cant grip the rc as before due to the cable.
I didnt find any comfterbul

Sorry press the enter before finish the writing.

So ,didnt found any comfortable way to handle the rc while the otg cable is plug in.
Any ideas ?

eBay search for DJI Spark otg USBc, the short version worked well for me, i think 8 cm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis