Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Samsung Note 8 compatibility with Spark

xa6driver

Join
Sep 2, 2017
Just upgraded my Samsung Note 4 to a Samsung Note 8. Could not get Note 8 to connect to the Spark. Was able to get through to DJI tech support and was told the Note 8 is not supported by DJI. Asked when support would be available...response was they didn't know. I'm researching a possible downgrade to an earlier version of Go4 that might be a temporary fix but in the mean time...caveat emptor...

Try with an OTG cable. I have a cheap Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet working, and it is "not supported."

Do you mean don't work or not listed by DJI as supported device ?

Yes highly better to keep dedicated device with minimal apps for usual flights.

Try with an OTG cable. I have a cheap Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet working, and it is "not supported."
Thanks for the response. Prior to purchasing the Spark (as I did with the MP) I visited YouTube and found a guy that helped me put together an unbundled purchase. Invaluable advice on how to link the wifi setup with Spark. But to the point of your suggestion on the following link at the 9:40 progress bar (
) this poster addresses your recommendation which I followed and ordered the appropriate connections anticipating wifi connection problems even prior to purchase. Unfortunately, I assumed there would be no problem with transitioning from a Samsung Note 4 to the Note 8. Well, there is and now I've discovered that my attempts to reconnect my Note 4 are unsuccessful after attempting to connect to the Note 8. Fortunately, I purchased the Spark from a local reputable dealer and look forward to his resolution of this problem it seems few of you have experienced...yet.

Why dont you just forget the remote for now and try the wifi direct method eliminate the issue.
Try connect to the spark directly from your phone via wifi. Then see if works on the GO app. Test it on both Note 4 and Note8. If they both work, then the issue is the spark/controller connection.

Tried a virgin Note 8 today (factory reset with only dji app's loaded) and worked like a champ. Flew several batteries on my Spark, MP and P4P. The screen is FANTASTIC btw, for those that have not seen it in person. No idea what is going on with the OP by not being able to swap back to the Note 4. I'm using the Note 4 as well (again - virgin - just dji). I have used dedicated devices since day one and have not had any real problems. The only time I had issues was trying to use S7 and S8 that were also used as daily drivers.

Try to use a Samsung S6 (in the DJI supported device) in Europe without the RC if it goes to 5.8G. Would be interested to hear DJI answer for a "supported" device. So that list is nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef