Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

scouting hunting areas

offshore2

Join
Jul 25, 2019
Loc
florida big bend
yep it’s cheating, i know lol, but went to the woods today to scout and figured instead of walking miles and leaving my scent everywhere i used the spark, u can really make out the trails really good,
found some buck rubs close to the road and i fly the spark from where i saw the rubs and fly just above the trees and i can get an idea where they’re heading by following the trail.
by the way i saw the fwc that patrols that area in there a couple weeks ago and asked him if a drone can be flown in there and he said yes.0B347947-B0CB-445E-890D-FAC9F7222545.jpeg

if i happen to see deer or hogs, i’ll share with u guys
also they use dogs in that club, and im going to ask some of the guys if i can film they’re dogs while on a trail, i think that would be pretty neat to see

also they use dogs in that club, and im going to ask some of the guys if i can film they’re dogs while on a trail,

You might double check on the drone use.

Some states have a 24 hour rule of sorts that will allow a drone to be used for scouting and then hunt the following day.

I don't think it's legal to use the drone on an active hunt.

Reactions: Highflyer

Some states have a 24 hour rule of sorts that will allow a drone to be used for scouting and then hunt the following day.

you are absolutely correct, never thought of that while the dogs are hunting, i will check on that, THANKS

the scouting we’re doing now is a long way from the season, it starts november

here in Minnesota, you can't use drones during hunting or radios, enhanced hearing equipment. If caught it's a huge fine.

yep it’s cheating, i know lol, but went to the woods today to scout and figured instead of walking miles and leaving my scent everywhere i used the spark, u can really make out the trails really good,
found some buck rubs close to the road and i fly the spark from where i saw the rubs and fly just above the trees and i can get an idea where they’re heading by following the trail.
by the way i saw the fwc that patrols that area in there a couple weeks ago and asked him if a drone can be flown in there and he said yes.View attachment 11108

also they use dogs in that club, and im going to ask some of the guys if i can film they’re dogs while on a trail, i think that would be pretty neat to see
you have to deal with those scary nasty hogs ? down there?

here we can use radios, the dog hunters use them, i still hunt but use handhelds with my buddies to keep in touch,

yea there some hogs out there, really don’t care too much for them
used to be alot but fwc started doing special hunts where they allow big dogs(during hunting season only beagles allowed)and no bag limit and they’ve been pretty much wiped them out

Reactions: Highflyer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh