Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Selling Out - not an ad, but a check in

Ya, he flies off into the sunset, ESC's blazing! Thanks for the memories PM, see you over at Mavics!

I should add, thank you also for the excellent support which led me to over a year and a half of safe and highly enjoyable Spark flying. Come back and visit now and then. I'm a Sparker until next year sometime, perhaps I will keep it... not sure.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will be back to check in from time-to-time.

Good luck with your Spark sales. I hope you do well so you can get enough $$$ to get a MM.

I love my Spark and even though I am considering an eventual upgrade to a M2P I will keep my Spark. Right now it's still the smallest DJI drone (in flight), with an awesome feature set.

Chris

Reactions: jimlips and pmshop
Thanks all - it has been a blast.
Even though it was a rough start with no home lock out of the box, it took me places I never imagined.
Like that Frenchamn's Mountain in Las Vegas ;)
Your answer is always "Challenge accepted"..
That's unique, admirable, appreciated and will never be forgotten!
While heading over to the dark side, I still hope you will be lurking in the curtains here for some time..

All the best with your new fleet @pmshop .
Must admit that I gained the confidence to try Litchi on my Spark only by seeing your numerous waypoint missions.

Glad I could help out.
Just imagine the nerves with a home made drone performing a waypoint flight :D

Yessir! You sure have put the Spark through the wringer and still come out smiling! ? I too have very much appreciated all of your support and all of the times you have shared your experience and wisdom with us all. Happy future flying and I will still be following your adventures no matter what you fly in the future. ??;):D

@pmshop Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge with the rest of us. Your impact on the Spark community was great! This is where I started with my Spark as my entry into quads April 2018.

Happy flying and see you on the mavicpilots forum!

I have enjoyed reading your inputs and they have helped me a couple of times with issues that I have encountered.
I will miss these and please have a great time with you Mini.
John C.

Reactions: pmshop
im regretting my mini.. heres why.. it may be because of me.. but flew it today after getting it yesterday used an iPad mini 2.. with a different connector than the one they give you.. bad idea.. seems the mini only can use phones iPhone 6 and above so i spent another 150 bucks and got an iPhone 7 on eBay... okl.. now to the fun part.. flew it 500 feet out then rc disconnect... it sayt there for 10 minutes would nto fly back.. no rth on rc disconnect no button to tell it to do so in the app like on go 4 app.. so i wiggled the cable and seems its after market cables wont work.. the output is square not like a normal usb connector so i think thats it the one it comes with is square and probably makes good contact what gets me is the rc should of still worked so if it disconnects via the app then your screwed it just sits there till it runs low and returns to home via the low battery or just lands so dont fly these where you know you can loose connection also the iPad mini 2 cpu overloads with recording it wont when its not and theres no way to tell it to stop cacheing .. it does it on its own....

so ill test it with the iPhone 7 im getting next week if that fixes the issue then its the cable.... the app is so basic now my phantom pro 3 i have no issues with i fly half mile away solid video maybe 1 quick screen to black but i think its the iPad i use to slow.. so ill try the phone with that but no issues like the mini...

another thing on the mini the rth buttons is also the stop button no one tells you that so if you get in trouble hit it hold it down for rth... p mode is too fast for video fly in c mode same as spark when its not in the sport mode..

dji needs to add back stuff in to the app.. also the app is meant for phones not any tablet well the cable thing too short has issues with connection also the screen size wont go bigger than a phone..so why dji all your drones i can use a big arse screen.. why why did you do this... so if the phone and cable that came with it works im in business... i still wont fly this thing far..
also dji lied to us 30 minutes not really more like 18 23 to get back home... heres how they boost numbers at 50% the batts are at 3.5 volts each cell at 3.0 a lith ion is dead.. but some Samsung and good cells can go to 2.5 volts and be dead so they run down the numbers so at 20 percent batter when you should be almost home your at 3.0 volts.. so a message comes on the screen saying recharge right away lol why well if you let it sit then the cells wont charge via the on board charger lol so folks go to 30% thats 3.4 volts a cell... and thats on the ground i dont mean coming back at 30 you are back....

its a nice drone but what sucks is the props are flimsy a baby can bend them a hamster can too.. so when you shove it in the box the bottom ones hit and bend we need stiffer ones so hopefully someone will make them and keep the weight the same... also the gimble is flimsy look at its supports if you hit something i see them snapping they are 1/8 inch thick plastic... seems dji slapped this together i should of waited a year like i did with the spark... also it has 5 stinking 5.8 channels there are 10 ore more why dji why someone hack this thing and give us 2.4 and 5.8 all of them.. now 5.8 does hop around but only on 5 channels.. so whats the point that enhanced wifi is suppose to hop around like on the phantom pros they use enhanced with diversity and 2 antennas per transmitter and per video aka 4 thats why its rock solid... also the power is turned down notice the remote dont get hot anymore or drone isn't hot.. well on spark it has a 800 mah to 1 amp transmitter along with the remote but does not hop around.. now the mini the remote can do 2.4 so i bet its the app that limits some hacker will open it up... so it has the ability to hop on all 2.4 someone hack this thing... now im just ranting but i dropped 430 on the drone another 150 on a phone i didn't need still need to get a battery at 57 bucks on dji site everyone else is pilfering us at 90 bucks a battery to make a profit.. so wait till they go down to the 45 like there suppose to also eBay and dji charge tax now your state tax so all online transactions as of oct 1st you pay taxes 30 bucks to dji who sent it right back to the USA.. nice huh thanks government.... so ill report on how the mini does after the new phone hopefully thats just it and the issuies is gone but still dji needs to tell the drone to come home on rc disconnect.. so hopefully new firmware will fix issues or add functions.. also add waypoints seeing how all their drones even spark can do it dji dont do it because well they want you to pay 1000 for a drone.. or think its because it dont go far i dont know still gets to me...

Not too bad.
I am now light two birds.

I have more than enough for a MM fly more...when they come available again.
Feels weird retiring 2 of the greatest graft made to date.
Wish I could say the same about the Mavic Air.
Guess I was just cursed with the Mavic Air because I hear so many good things about them.

And just thought...I left my Mavic Air at work as not to confuse the selling transaction...I have no operational birds at the house! :eek:

Reactions: Hawkwind
Reactions: pmshop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme