Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Should you fly your Spark in the rain? (Probably not)

Rocco Germani

Join
Jul 6, 2018
Loc
VA

In the above video, I share my experience last Saturday from Richmond, VA. I was at a regatta for my crew team, and it was raining, I was foolish and thought I could fly the drone, and I could, but I may pay the price now, as my drone is acting up a bit...
If you've ever flown your drone in the rain, please share your experience in the comments!

Nope.

My manual said not to do it, so I don't.

Reactions: Rocco Germani
With most electronic devices: when they get wet, immediately remove any power source (batteries etc.) and let it dry for a few days. Then, connect the battery again and see if it works.
If it works, enjoy it for as long as you can because eventually the corrosion process that was started the moment the water came in contact with the electronics will eventuell render your drone useless.

hello ..... I understand that both humidity and water
not only cause corrosion but also variations in the parameters of the circuits causing more current to circulate and damage the electronic components ... so the first thing to do is remove the battery
regards

Now is it working?

hello ..... I understand that both humidity and water
not only cause corrosion but also variations in the parameters of the circuits causing more current to circulate and damage the electronic components ... so the first thing to do is remove the battery
regards

Now is it working?
It's been working the whole time, I've never experienced problems, I only had to recalibrate my compass.

Reactions: alditenen
[QUOTE = "Rocco Germani, post: 69591, membre: 11368"] [MEDIA = youtube] SSy0w33pgAM [/ MEDIA]

Dans la vidéo ci-dessus, je partage mon expérience de samedi dernier à Richmond, en Virginie. J'étais à une régate pour mon équipage et il pleuvait, j'étais stupide et je pensais que je pouvais piloter le drone, et je le pouvais, mais je pourrais en payer le prix maintenant, car mon drone tourne un peu en avant ...
Si vous avez déjà piloté votre drone sous la pluie, partagez votre expérience dans les commentaires! [/ QUOTE]

Faire voler un drone sous la pluie est une très mauvaise décision.

[QUOTE = "Rocco Germani, post: 69591, membre: 11368"] [MEDIA = youtube] SSy0w33pgAM [/ MEDIA]

Dans la vidéo ci-dessus, je partage mon expérience de samedi dernier à Richmond, en Virginie. J'étais à une régate pour mon équipage et il pleuvait, j'étais stupide et je pensais que je pouvais piloter le drone, et je le pouvais, mais je pourrais en payer le prix maintenant, car mon drone tourne un peu en avant ...
Si vous avez déjà piloté votre drone sous la pluie, partagez votre expérience dans les commentaires! [/ QUOTE]

Faire voler un drone sous la pluie est une très mauvaise décision.
Ouais c'était idiot pour être sûr. Désolé mon français est mauvais

Rocco, sometimes I wonder about you. But I see your potential evem through some of your antics. You appear to have a talent for the aerial video thing. Just don't lose your Spark from doing something crazy... like flying in the rain. ;) :)

Rocco, sometimes I wonder about you. But I see your potential evem through some of your antics. You appear to have a talent for the aerial video thing. Just don't lose your Spark from doing something crazy... like flying in the rain. ;) :)
I definitely will not fly in the rain anymore, I'm lucky to still have my drone. Thanks for the advice :)

Not really, I payed for the drone... I was just being stupid and testing the limits. Probably due to the fact that I've seen videos of other people doing it and turning out fine...
But you should never take a video as always being 100% true. I'm sure some Sparks would drop out of the sky in this kind of weather...

Well, admiting it was stupid is the first step in respecting your equipment. I flew last weekend and the temperpature was near 0c C or 32F. My second battery was in my pocket, and despite my warm coat, when I took off with that battery, I got a cold battery warning.... so, we learn from experience. Just be careful, I know I might seem critical sometimes when it comes to your posts... especially when I see you or anyone putting others in danger... but being 19 is when you test limits, its easy for us old guys to forget being that age. Get your wisdom early... but not at a cost to others. I bet you still live with your folks right?

Well, admiting it was stupid is the first step in respecting your equipment. I flew last weekend and the temperpature was near 0c C or 32F. My second battery was in my pocket, and despite my warm coat, when I took off with that battery, I got a cold battery warning.... so, we learn from experience. Just be careful, I know I might seem critical sometimes when it comes to your posts... especially when I see you or anyone putting others in danger... but being 19 is when you test limits, its easy for us old guys to forget being that age. Get your wisdom early... but not at a cost to others. I bet you still live with your folks right?
Yeah, we all make mistakes sometimes, and fortunately many of those mistakes make us aware of what we should and shouldn't do. The first ever outdoor flight I had with my spark was during a break in a blizzard up in Syracuse, NY last year. It was 7°F and I had never flown a DJI Drone before, but I think the only reason my drone survived that flight is because I new the basic concepts of drones and DJI. Next time I fly in cold weather I'll definitely make sure to heat my batteries up too, and I'll definitely never fly in the rain again.

And yeah I'm not 19 I'm fourteen I don't know why my account says that I think it may be because I signed up with a Google account that my parents made for me a long time ago with my birthday wrong...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none