Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Smatree portable charger...any user updates?

Idealhobbies

Join
Aug 11, 2018
I’m looking at purchasing one. It’s been quite a while since any users posted anything (good or bad) on their experiences. Anyone able to update on their purchase? Real world experiences would be greatly appreciated.

So far as I know, it’s still the only portable solution to simultaneously charge on the go. I currently use a portable battery pack with A/C output for on the go, but it will only handle 2 batteries at a time using the DJI 3 port charger. Plug in a 3rd, and 1 stops charging. Weird, but it’s a quirk that I just run with.

Thanks,
Allan

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
I haven't heard of the smarter portable charger.

Are thinking about the Smatree charger?

Screenshot_20181015-091423~2.png

Last edited:
I bought the original version after v2 came out. Got it off eBay for $25 including shipping! The original version had some claims of fires, though I couldn't point to any credible reports, just heresay. The new version charges the internal battery much faster, if I recall correctly. Mine takes just under forever to charge, but I plan accordingly.

Out in the field it's amazing. I never think twice about getting another shot just because of range anxiety. I don't need any other battery chargers for a day trip. Phone, GoPros and Spark all get enough juice. After every flight, I pop the partially used battery onto the Smatree, pop a fresh battery onto the Spark, pack up and head out to the next spot. By the time I'm ready to fly again, the used battery is already done charging.

At 2lbs, it isn't light, but a good backpack makes that a trivial issue. Plus it's hard to complain about the weight when EVERYTHING gets a top off from this one battery.

I don’t have the Smatree charger but do have the DJI Charging Station. With the additional bag, its holds everything in a small, light, ready to fly setup (Spark, 2 extra batteries and controller). It doesn’t charge the batteries simultaneously but always charges the one in the Spark first. I find its pretty fast. The Charging Station battery has enough juice to charge all the Spark batteries and the controller or phone. I take my Spark everywhere either in my Lowepro camera bag with DSLR and lenses or in a daypack with other items.

Just thought I’d post about an alternative to Smatree.

DF507A85-E98B-426A-9441-01E326601833.jpeg8195A111-25F5-49E8-BFB7-02D86F47D982.jpeg

Reactions: sidewayz
I have the smatree charger. First version bought off eBay for $25. Works killer. I don’t even use my flymore charger that often. I pretty much use the smatree while at home and charging. Works great. I’m thinking about picking one up for my Mavic Pro.

Thank you everyone who helped me with this decision. I picked one up and Amazon just delivered it. $66 on Amazon with a 10% off coupon. I was not as fortunate as some of you who got the v1 for $25 but if it works, I’m pleased. I actually would not have minded the slow charge version. I personally think that slow charging is better over time. Less stress on the battery. I always charge my R/C plane lipos slowly. They seem to last a lot longer before they need replaced.

Thanks again everyone.

Congrats on your Smatree purchase.

When I got my charging station, it came with 2 batteries all for USD $139. Batteries being $49 each makes the charging station only $41. Pretty good deal for me in Canada since the price includes all taxes and any other fees. I also like that it stores the Spark plus 2 extra batteries and protects the camera and gimbal.

I am also a happy Smartree V2 user since several months. I lost my flymore DJI craddle and therefore I am doing all my battery charging with it. Works very well at home and on the go. I did not experience any unnormal heating (let alone fires). And unlike the Dji charger you can charge 3 batteries at the same time.

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
I bought the original version after v2 came out. Got it off eBay for $25 including shipping! The original version had some claims of fires, though I couldn't point to any credible reports, just heresay. The new version charges the internal battery much faster, if I recall correctly. Mine takes just under forever to charge, but I plan accordingly.

Out in the field it's amazing. I never think twice about getting another shot just because of range anxiety. I don't need any other battery chargers for a day trip. Phone, GoPros and Spark all get enough juice. After every flight, I pop the partially used battery onto the Smatree, pop a fresh battery onto the Spark, pack up and head out to the next spot. By the time I'm ready to fly again, the used battery is already done charging.

At 2lbs, it isn't light, but a good backpack makes that a trivial issue. Plus it's hard to complain about the weight when EVERYTHING gets a top off from this one battery.
25 bucks there like 80 how did you manage 25 bucks and free shipping?

the link just goes to ebays main page.. theres no content.. and everone i search for is 75 plus dollars

still goes to the m ain page... there not 25 dollars there 75 to over 100... so im just gunna go with that.. unless oyu have one for sale

perfect that worked.... just wondering why are they so cheap? and once those 10 are gone is that it?

dang i need 25 b ucks now lol

I figured for 25 bucks I couldn’t pass it up. I use it more then I use my flymore charger.

hmm... maybe he or she gets ones deamed toss backs or returns...... be careful it does have a lipo in it.... what im gunna do is buy one... when i get the money...and go from there now i need to find 25 b ucks lol

yea for 75% off jump on it.... i was thinking i could make one i have tons of lipos just need a boost converter capable of the a8 amps or even 3 amps and v oila its the same thing....

sorry i have bad writing lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast