Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Smatree portable charger...any user updates?

ill pick one up when i can... thanks for the link and help.... any idea where i can get a free app for the spark that can do waypoints? with a ios device.. seems mission planner is for androids

I bought mine from Amazon UK 3 months ago.
It works, but I haven't used it for the past weeks and now it is really slow when charging the unit.

Does the led light on the AC adapter blinking when you charge it? Or normally it shouldn't blinking?

The led light I am referring to is the one on the AC adaptor, not 4 led lights on the unit.

I've charged it for more than 8 hours, and only 2 lights out of 4 turn on when I check the unit which mean only 50% of the total capacity.

It still can charge spark battery as usual, the only thing that bothering me is the amount of times it takes to charge the unit. It should be 4.5 - 5 hours as stated in the manuals.

This is a new version of Smatree SP90

Any thought?

Ps: sorry for my bad english, not my native language :)

When I charge mine through the likes on the unit blink as they battery charges. The closer it gets to full charge the less LEDS that blink. It will take some time to fully charge. My first charge was an all night charge. After that it seems to take a charge a little faster. Still take a while but I don’t normally let it run down really low. Hope this helps. I would let it charge. When it’s done all the lights will be solid.

When I charge mine through the likes on the unit blink as they battery charges. The closer it gets to full charge the less LEDS that blink. It will take some time to fully charge. My first charge was an all night charge. After that it seems to take a charge a little faster. Still take a while but I don’t normally let it run down really low. Hope this helps. I would let it charge. When it’s done all the lights will be solid.

Thanks for the reply mate. I've contacted Smatree Support. So far, they offer me a refund of 15 pound which is I think unfair.

I've asked for a replacement unit, the adapter or the unit, or both as long it can fully functioning again. It is stated on their warranty page:

18-month warranty for quality-related issues

For 18 months after the date of purchase, we take care of all quality-related issues with a REPLACEMENT OR FULL REFUND including the return shipping cost within the country of purchase. Reminder: Be sure to use your product as directed.

Should I keep updating the progress here or should I create a new discussion?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply mate. I've contacted Smatree Support. So far, they offer me a refund of 15 pound which is I think unfair.

I've asked for a replacement unit, the adapter or the unit, or both as long it can fully functioning again. It is stated on their warranty page:

18-month warranty for quality-related issues

For 18 months after the date of purchase, we take care of all quality-related issues with a REPLACEMENT OR FULL REFUND including the return shipping cost within the country of purchase. Reminder: Be sure to use your product as directed.

Should I keep updating the progress here or should I create a new discussion?

Thanks

As the tread starter, I have no problem with you continuing here...have at it. There really is not a lot of information on this product out there, so the more info, the better.

NEW Smatree SP90 Power Station for DJI Spark | eBay

Here you go! I got one of these and it works fantastic

And thank you for the link. I took my V2 out for a test drive. LOVING IT! I have 5 batteries and it’s almost perfect. 6 would be perfection. I let a battery rest for a flight so about 15 minutes by the time you get things connected/disconnected and chit chat for a moment about the last flight. Doing it that way, by the end of the 5th flight, we had to wait about 5 minutes for a charged battery. I bought one of the V1’s that you linked as well. That would equate to a nice long day of flying of 17 flights. And yes, it could use better status LEDs... they are hard to see. It also does take several hours to charge the V2, but that’s fine. It’s easier on the battery. Thanks again.

Update

Just got my SP90 replacement. (finally)

First, this replacement is free of charge (within the UK)

I can confirm that the AC Adapter is the culprit, not the unit.

I can confirm about the melted unit as seen in amazon most likely won't happen as I have two of it now and never experience overheat on the unit.

But the AC adapter is different. You need to make sure this AC adapter doesn't get too hot. My first one fail after overheating.

Normally, when you charge your SP90, the light on AC adapter will turn on, but in my case, it is blinking.

Conclusion:

The SP90 unit is good, but the AC adapter, you need to pay attention to its heat.

I am planning to open the faulty AC adapter, to see whats going on inside.

I know this thread is from last year but just want to share my smatree unboxing hope this helps .
I prefer smatree than dji because of its capacity :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar