Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark bad Focusing problems on 1000 Firmware?

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
Is anyone else having really bad focusing problems on the latest version of Spark firmware.
My Spark definitely never use to be bad. I'm just trying to get a feel of if anyone else who's noticed it.
I keep seeing other people's footage from their Sparks and it's pin sharp but Mine looks mushy out of Focus.

It's only on my Videos, Photos it's fine.

I will upload some 1080 footage soon to Dropbox so you can judge it and tell me I'm not going Mad.

Spark has a fixed-focus camera lens, so if your footage is blurry, you have to contact DJI.

Spark has a fixed-focus camera lens, so if your footage is blurry, you have to contact DJI.
I'm going out now to try and see if it's my SanDisk 16 memory card that's causing the bad videos.
Every time I put my SD card into my pc I always have to scan the card for errors.
It's really weird that my photo's are pin sharp and the videos are out of focus.

It is normal to get that "error" message when reading the SD card from the Spark. Something to do with Windows but that won't affect the video anyway...
I do recall somebody having the same issue as you with the video being soft/not focused and he discovered that the gimbal was not free and causing a vibration that was seen in the video. Also, some have had trouble like that with aftermarket propellers and/or damaged bent, loose propellers of any make including OEM... causing an imbalance that the 2 axis gimbal of the Spark couldn't absorb.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
It is normal to get that "error" message when reading the SD card from the Spark. Something to do with Windows but that won't affect the video anyway...
I do recall somebody having the same issue as you with the video being soft/not focused and he discovered that the gimbal was not free and causing a vibration that was seen in the video. Also, some have had trouble like that with aftermarket propellers and/or damaged bent, loose propellers of any make including OEM... causing an imbalance that the 2 axis gimbal of the Spark couldn't absorb.
I will have a look into the gimble I often see it vibrating in the actual video when it comes to a stop or even in little winds.

I will have a look into the gimble I often see it vibrating in the actual video when it comes to a stop or even in little winds.

Yes, a good place to start. Any vibration will cause a fuzzy image, especially in a video! Please post up if you find anything?
Also, I am remembering someone posting about the small screws that hold the gimbal to the body coming loose...that will definitely affect it!

Yes, a good place to start. Any vibration will cause a fuzzy image, especially in a video! Please post up if you find anything?
Also, I am remembering someone posting about the small screws that hold the gimbal to the body coming loose...that will definitely affect it!
Thanks I'm going to properly open the top cover and have a look inside at the gimble and make sure everything is right.

I've just Put my Spark back to 701 firmware and I opened the top of the spark to check all connections and the Gimble and camera is ok. I was surprised how much dust and gunk was collected right behind the camera, so I've totally cleaned all that out and will go and test it with the latest Go4 App tomorrow.
If my videos are still the same I'll try the 14/15 versions of Go 4 and last resort will send it in to DJI.
Oh and I've calibrated the IMU and will do the compass out in the field.
Does anyone know when DJI took the Gimbal calibration setting out I'm sure it used to in gimble setting's, now all you can do is just level it you can't calibrate in the Go 4 anymore...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy