Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Battery "issue"

SeanR

Join
Jul 7, 2017
I had a little issue with one of my spark batteries the other day. I was flying around my house and ran through one battery (bat#1) so I took it out and brought it inside and placed it on the charger and grabbed the other battery ran through that one (bat#2). Once I was done I returned to the charger and found it with a red light on. When I pushed the button on bat#1 it was still dead and not charging. I pulled it out and put it back on and the charger would blink green 3 times then go to a red light, never charging that battery. I placed bat#2 on the charger and it began charging immediately no problem.

After fooling around with the battery for a little while I thought to put it back in the spark and plug it in with microusb. After charging via microusb for a little while I pulled it off and put it back on the charger where it finished charging up.

I contacted DJI just to make them aware of the situation and they told me to return the battery, however I'm leaving for vacation 7/27 and I need my drone with 2 batteries...ideally. Not sure it's a big enough problem, but what do you guys think? Maybe I ran the battery down too low (I didn't run it dead probably 10% left)?

Making things worse I don't know which battery it was (I didn't have them labeled at the time) so I don't know which battery to return if I go that route.

Sometimes what happen if you try to recharge a battery just after a flight, it is too hot to safely charge it and it will refuse to charge. When you place it on charger, there should be some special blinking on the battery like describe at page 29 of Spark user manual. Maybe the charger LED was red we it happened to me but I didn't notice it.
I have not found the charger user manual so I just noticed it has 3 color lamp but I am not sure of their color. Green charged, yellow charging, red error ?

Yea I figured maybe it was too hot when I put it on the charger, but I didn't notice it wasn't charging until 15-20 minutes later. By then I'd assume the battery had cooled down and it wouldn't charger after remounting it several times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme