Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark crashes right away on first flight then no problem...

PascalG

Join
Jul 7, 2017
first post...looked in past threads didn't see anything like this in previous threads

first flight... spark with controller and iPhone with cable. all updates done, no warnings, good gps, homepoint set, had done a compass calibration the day before.

Took off to about 12' and after a few seconds motors sound like they are cutting out rapidly (sounded like rapid reving up and down, like a car engine hitting the rev limiter) and drone comes straight down, luckily on grass but flipping over. only warning on DJI app is "aircraft tilting" or similar. battery didn't pop off which tells me it s not a battery lock issue.

turned off the battery and controller, restarted, took off and did two uneventful 12' test flights after that but this is not confidence inspiring since I will mostly be using the spark from a boat and over water...

here is the loq... I don't see any red flagsin there... thanks for any suggestions

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I watched a video on youtube I forget who it was but he had 3 sparks 2 had problems on first flight then ok he suggested that you turn it on and let it just sit for a few minutes to get it situated. I know on my solo it takes a good 3 minutes to get a good GPS lock on the first startup

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme