Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark erratic behavior w/o mobile phone and remote controller

Edison Ochoa

Join
Aug 24, 2017
Hi there.

I have just updated firmware to latest version V01.00.0600, using my mobile phone. After updating, I decided to make a short flight without using my phone, just the remote controller.

I took off and immediately the Spark began to behave strangley. Response to right stick was erratic, sometimes it responded, sometimes not. Left stick was working perfectly.

It was at a distance of approximately 20m and a height around 10m.

There was a short moment when Spark began to fly away from me, like drifting, without responding to any stick command.
Once I noticed that, I pressed RTH button on remote controller and it began to come back.
I was flying from my home rooftop, where I have a limite space for landing so I cannot land on RTH automatically. When Spark was close enough, I cancelled RTH and tried to land manually using the controller, but right stick was not responding, so I couldn´t bring it close to my landing place.

Finally, I decided to land on the street, since left stick was working Ok.

This is the second time this happens.

First time, like this time, I was flying without using mobile phone, just the remote controller.

Will make more tests on wide open area, without risking to lose my spark.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
At least try to recalibrate your RC and the IMU,
You can also have a defective stick, is it operating smooth?
If you see that it work fine with using just Spark and phone, then the issue is the RC, no need for IMU calibration.

General help:
DJI Spark Accessories & Tips - Spark Help

Calibration IMU:
and

Reactions: Edison Ochoa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme