Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Flight 12 - Back to site 5

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Well, I do have "the itch"... only way to scratch it is to go flying (or see a doctoro_O). On the way back from the office today, I revisited the location I used for Flight 5, but took things up much higher... still, I was 23 meters shy of the max allowed. If you look carefully at the buildings that stick up on the horizon, you will see the downtown cores of Toronto, Mississauga, and bits of Oakville. Also, you will see the shoreline of Lake Ontario, which if once swims across, you'd find yourself in upstate New York :D. More of my music in this one, for those who like synths this time.:cool:

Not shown, this was the first time I palm landed the bird. Cool!

Please subscribe if you enjoy these little vids.... The real stuff is yet to come... And thanks to all those who have subscribed, nice to see. Happy 4th all you 'mericans!

Last edited:
Good video mate, your panning shots are getting smoother. I know how hard it is to not get a jerk or 2 as the spark spins. When you were descending your pan looked good, I think its because the downward motion is continuous, any stutter in the turning seems less noticeable.

Robin, are you using tripod mode ?

Yes, that was with Tripod mode, however, its very very difficult to move the stick ever so slightly and hold its position... I have been campaigning for a sensitivity control option for this mode.... I have re-opened posts that others have made, there are about 6 over at the DJI forum, asking the mods to push their devs in that direction. No buy in so far. Ya needs to be super slow, and even with tripod mode, we need more from the software. I upscaled to 60fps, which smooths it some more... One thing I always seem to forget is to stop at various points around the circle... every 90 degrees is what I told myself, but when I am flying, I overlook that too often.

Reactions: Quadular
I’m experimenting with adding an extra motion when panning to give the illusion that the spin is more fluid. I’ve throw this together (without a title) so you can see what I mean. It’s straight from the card, no adjustments to frame speed, & was done in normal mode not tripod.

Try getting the old DJI Assistant 2 v 1.1.2 with that old hack to get into factory settings.
I have my YAW set to 30° per second on Normal Mode and 50° on Sport Mode
Tripod will slow it even more.

I keep forgetting to try the sideways flight stuff... its next on the list. And slow yaw with forwards and backwards movment does look better. Thanks Koala...

@pm, does using the old assistant void any warranty? I've seen vids on how folks are changing some of the parameters, as you've indicated...

I keep forgetting to try the sideways flight stuff... its next on the list. And slow yaw with forwards and backwards movment does look better. Thanks Koala...

@pm, does using the old assistant void any warranty? I've seen vids on how folks are changing some of the parameters, as you've indicated...

I just make sure to change the settings back before I send to service :D

Loved it! I commented on your YT channel and subscribed as well. Who is the music by?

Loved it! I commented on your YT channel and subscribed as well. Who is the music by?

Thanks, that music is composed, performed and produced by me. I've been making music for 45 years. All the music in my drone videos with one exception are my creations. (I think i used some Sony stock music once early on)

Outstanding!!! I have only and still do dabble with playing the synth. I have one. A Roland SH201 that I boughr years ago but is in storage right now. I never took music lessons but still would like to but I just love the sounds that a synth can make. I have synth apps on my phone and my iPad as well as some VSTs on my laptop. I also have two Korg Kaossilators that I play around with. Dang, I wish we were neighbors. Can I get some of your music to listen to? I am jealous to the max.;):D
I just found your website. WOW!

<blushing> Thanks for the nice review. I am working on an album of the better stuff....hoping to release it before I croak! As for the equipment, the SH201 is a good replica of past fat analog synths. You should haul it out and do some "ambient" stuff with it, you dont need to be a fantastic musical player wiz to know what sounds good... a lot of ambient is what we call "brick on the keyboard"... long drones (hey thats a cool irony) that evolve over time, layered up. The kaossilators are way cool too... go for it. I have several thousand VSTs... which is overkill bigtime. I used to have a massive keyboard rig, started in the 80's on that, its all sold off now. That's my main instrument, guitar, bass, drums are secondary. Wish I could sing however. Was in 5 bands over the yeas, playing covers for beer mostly!

Man oh man, you have lived my dream. Are you familiar with an artist known a Kebu? I hope you get your album finished soon as I would love to hear it. What is the best way to continue this conversation outside of this forum? I would like to hear more about you and your music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast