Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark is super easy to take with you mountainbiking but...

Tim32581

Join
Jul 19, 2017
So this thing is awesome as far as size and portability. Its so easy to throw in a bag for a long trek on the bike. But, for whatever reason, I cannot get it to keep up with me if i bike more then 5 mph while using active track. Also, profile mode in active track does not work at all. I spent 2 batteries trying to get this thing to follow me with no luck at all. Any suggestions or ideas of what I may be doing wrong?

I haven't tried any special mode with my spark but one key thing to remember is that the camera needs to recognize you. Make sure your clothes contrast the back ground and th light is good enough

I used active track on Mavic in the past and it worked reasonably well (jet ski, dinghy) but if you get out of the camera field of few because of a sudden move which catches the drone by surprise it will not reacquire you

I haven't tried any special mode with my spark but one key thing to remember is that the camera needs to recognize you. Make sure your clothes contrast the back ground and th light is good enough

I used active track on Mavic in the past and it worked reasonably well (jet ski, dinghy) but if you get out of the camera field of few because of a sudden move which catches the drone by surprise it will not reacquire you
Lighting and contrast were good. It recognized me. Ive also never had any issues with it on the Mavic.

I must admit that the active track mode did not worked very well when I tested it, too. I had to walk very slowly or it lost me quickly :/

Reactions: BelGer
I've gone mountain biking with it in active track mode both from behind, in front, profile, trace. It's worked reasonably well going about 15mph but that was on a flat, straight track with no turns whatsoever. Just remember it doesn't track past its limited circumference range that's been set by the home point.

I must admit that the active track mode did not worked very well when I tested it, too. I had to walk very slowly or it lost me quickly :/

Had the same issue, during a hike I tried to let it follow us, lost us a couple of times and we weren't even walking that fast. Hope that this will be fixed in a next update. As I understand the mavic follows better ?

Had the same issue, during a hike I tried to let it follow us, lost us a couple of times and we weren't even walking that fast. Hope that this will be fixed in a next update. As I understand the mavic follows better ?

Was thinking, could it have something to do with the height the Spark flies?

During my hike and active track experiments it was not flying that high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe