Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark& Litchi

sly

Join
Feb 22, 2018
I have had the Spark for quite some time. Finally tried Litchi and I am very happy with it. The problem I have is the iPad Air gets vey hot and shuts down. Has anybody come across this problem and how did it get resolved.
Thanks

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
This may be a little overkill, but aircraft pilots use this to keep the device cool.

If no other alternative is available, this may be the ticket.

Thanks Spark 317. Bit too rich for my me. I am looking in to designing some sort of low profile aluminum heat sink that can be bonded to the back if the iPad.

Reactions: Spark 317
Good idea.

I did a quick search on the web and the aluminum heat sinks seem to be available.

I have had the Spark for quite some time. Finally tried Litchi and I am very happy with it. The problem I have is the iPad Air gets vey hot and shuts down. Has anybody come across this problem and how did it get resolved.
Thanks
I use my ipad mini 4 mounted on a tripod..So no OTG, and I haven't had a heating up issue. Are you using a sunshade of any kind?? In bright sun it's the only portable defense unless you're in the shade under a tree. In addition, are you connected via an OTG?

Hate to say, but sounds likes you have a problem with your iPad. Is it under warranty? I have both the Air 2 and the Mini 5. Both have never heated up from long usage. The Air 2 battery became too weak so I ordered up new battery from Amazon.com and replaced it at home. But heat was never an issue.

I use my ipad mini 4 mounted on a tripod..So no OTG, and I haven't had a heating up issue. Are you using a sunshade of any kind?? In bright sun it's the only portable defense unless you're in the shade under a tree. In addition, are you connected via an OTG?
This is interesting. You operate the Spark with the iPad and controller attached to a tripod? How is it attached?

This is interesting. You operate the Spark with the iPad and controller attached to a tripod? How is it attached?
Well they do sell ipad tripod mounts on amazon, but being in the media professionally a few years back, left me with extra camera equipment. So I used an old tripod that had a quick release plate and glued it to the ipad protector I bought from amazon. Used a 2 part resin to permanently attach it to the quick release plate from the tripod. Still working on a sunshade. But it's pretty sweet. I'm happy with it. When I need to use the ipad for something else, I simply take it out of it's protective case. Ohhh, and by the way it frees up the controller so I can have it at arms length but still keeping a close eye on my Spark with my ipad mini 4

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    546.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 9
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg