Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark lost in 2018

Absinthe

Join
Oct 1, 2020
I lost my first Spark in 2018 and replaced it earlier this year.

I've recently discovered this excellent Forum, and I've been reading some historical posts about lost drones. I've downloaded the Flight Log Txt file which is attached, and, whilst I think it will be too late to find it now, I'd much appreciate a more knowledgable member interpreting the flight log for me.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-08_[11-23-19].txt
    329.4 KB · Views: 15
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Absinthe.

I'm not an expert but I'll take a look.

For some reason the Spark went into Atti-mode and was floating with the breeze.

With 86% battery, I bet it crashed in the trees along Oak Beck if they are taller than 63 feet, which was the current altitude of the Spark.

iMarkup_20201101_121751.jpg

If the Spark cleared the trees, it's probably along the same trajectory south into the neighborhood.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Edit...after looking at Google maps, it may have hit one of the few trees near the farm first or the power lines / support tower before heading towards Oak Beck. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorWash
Thanks for the info. I doubt it’s still there after 2 years but if we’re ever let out of Lancashire again, I may drive over for a look in that area.

If it hadn’t hit anything do you think it would have returned to the home point?

Foolishly, I’d had a fly away in the morning but it did come back after about 5-10 minutes. We had just packed the Campervan to leave the site when I thought I’d have one last attempt to fly. Lesson learned!

If it hadn’t hit anything do you think it would have returned to the home point?

It's possible if the Spark regained GPS control to find home.

If it did, it would fly as long as the battery held up and then it would auto land safely somewhere on it's way home.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Absinthe.

I'm not an expert but I'll take a look.

For some reason the Spark went into Atti-mode and was floating with the breeze.

With 86% battery, I bet it crashed in the trees along Oak Beck if they are taller than 63 feet, which was the current altitude of the Spark.

View attachment 13467

If the Spark cleared the trees, it's probably along the same trajectory south into the neighborhood.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Edit...after looking at Google maps, it may have hit one of the few trees near the farm first or the power lines / support tower before heading towards Oak Beck. ?

I wish you the best finding it. If you do not and are in the market for a used Spark with many accessories I will have one for sale soon. Decent pricing available for fellow flyer.
If inteersted, send me a message. Check me out, I'm legit frequent post'er on this forum.

Thanks for the info. I doubt it’s still there after 2 years but if we’re ever let out of Lancashire again, I may drive over for a look in that area.

Foolishly, I’d had a fly away in the morning but it did come back after about 5-10 minutes. We had just packed the Campervan to leave the site when I thought I’d have one last attempt to fly. Lesson learned!
Hi, Last may I have experienced the same with my Spark in the Netherlands. I did send that log to DJI and within 10 days they send me a brandnew Spark. The lost one was 14 months old. So you're not alone with this problem.

Hi, last may I experienced the same when flying nearby a new trainstation in my city. It was flying on 30 mtrs high and took off in western direction. According to the log it also went into ATTI mode.

I have send my log to DJI, after 2 days they confirmed a problem in the Spark and within 10 days I received a brandnew Spark. My old and lost one was 14 months old.
Great service !

Hi, last may I experienced the same when flying nearby a new trainstation in my city. It was flying on 30 mtrs high and took off in western direction. According to the log it also went into ATTI mode.

I have send my log to DJI, after 2 days they confirmed a problem in the Spark and within 10 days I received a brandnew Spark. My old and lost one was 14 months old.
Great service !
I wish I’d found this forum in 2018. I guess it’s too late now to contact DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme