Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Lost Spark - no video footage to help locate

I tried to create kml files for Google Earth and csv files for spreadsheets with several 'DAT' files from my Spark flight records
(using DatCon to convert DAT to either csv or kml)

but
the approach did not produce Google Earth drone paths from the kml and the DatCom csv did not produce spreadsheet columns containing GPS data.

However, the corresponding FlightRecord 'text' files:
do produce Google Earth path traces with PhantomHelp website uploads
and
the csv in the spreadsheet has GPS data.
There are (at least) 2 sets of coords data that exist in the .DAT. There is the GPS coords that come directly from the GPS receiver. That's the raw GPS data that can be found in the GPS record - DatCon labels these fields GPS(0):Long and GPS(0):Lat. Then there are the latitude and longitude values that can be found in the IMU record, labelled IMU(0):Latitude and IMU(0):Longitude). These are actually computed values that come from fusing the GPS data with IMU data (accelerometers, gyros), and magnetometer data. The .kml that DatCon produces is based on the computed latitude/longitude values, not the raw GPS data.

Computing the IMU latitude/longitude values isn't always possible. If not, then DatCon can't create a .kml. NavHealth (formerly known as gpsHealth) is a measure of the confidence that the FC has in the computed latitude/longitude values. It ranges from 0 (no confidence) to 5 (full confidence). There are several reasons that will cause the FC to lower the navHealth value. Insufficient satellites is one reason but low confidence can also be caused by a compass error.

Maybe you could provide a .DAT that we could look at. It might also help if you provided the corresponding .txt.

GPS(0):Long and GPS(0):Lat
I've seen these.

However I'm actually not at issue with my Spark over missing GPS or 'drone loss' or your assertions of the existence of gps data located in some form of DAT file.

I decided to see if the default path to DAT files would produce any GPS using the available softwares described.

Maybe you could provide a .DAT that we could look at. It might also help if you provided the corresponding .txt

Here are the only two flight log txt and DAT files obtained on 9-26-2018 at the parking lot adjacent to a former Nike missile sight north of Boston. It was a windy day. My objective was to make a photo sphere. It was too windy atop the old silo so I settled on the flagpole area next to Northeastern University's ocean genome facility.

Be my guest!

Note: a DAT file extension does not upload so all 4 files are in the zip archive

Here is a link to the photo sphere

Sharing my new 360-degree photo

Here is a maps trace to the flight site
2018-12-16_12.55.00.jpg

Attachments

• flight-dat-txt-9-26-2018.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Here are the only two flight log txt and DAT files obtained on 9-26-2018 at the parking lot adjacent to a former Nike missile sight north of Boston. It was a windy day. My objective was to make a photo sphere. It was too windy atop the old silo so I settled on the flagpole area next to Northeastern University's ocean genome facility.

Be my guest!

Note: a DAT file extension does not upload so all 4 files are in the zip archive
Look like your everyday normal .DAT and .txt files. My suggestion to take a look at a .DAT file was in case you had additional questions. I guess I have to admit that I'm still not quite sure what your point or question is.

Look like your everyday normal .DAT and .txt files. My suggestion to take a look at a .DAT file was in case you had additional questions. I guess I have to admit that I'm still not quite sure what your point or question is.

" I'm actually not at issue with my Spark over missing GPS or 'drone loss' or your assertions of the existence of gps data located in some form of DAT file.

I decided to see if the default path to DAT files would produce any GPS using the available softwares described."

You asked for the files.... and I've already found the Lat/Long entries you've described..... so there is no question.

Reactions: BudWalker
" I'm actually not at issue with my Spark over missing GPS or 'drone loss' or your assertions of the existence of gps data located in some form of DAT file.

I decided to see if the default path to DAT files would produce any GPS using the available softwares described."

You asked for the files.... and I've already found the Lat/Long entries you've described..... so there is no question.
Ever since discussing this topic my Android phone gets this message.
Screenshot_20181219-101349.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast