Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark orbiting using gesture?

8BitSpark

Join
Jun 28, 2017
Today I finally managed to hand launch and get the Spark to active follow. After a few moments, the Spark started to orbit. The RC was in the car so it was a precarious few minutes as I pondered what to do. Finally, I ran past the Spark and it stopped tracking and hovered. Orbiting isn't one of the gestures, is it?

Reactions: Sterling Collins
Today I finally managed to hand launch and get the Spark to active follow. After a few moments, the Spark started to orbit. The RC was in the car so it was a precarious few minutes as I pondered what to do. Finally, I ran past the Spark and it stopped tracking and hovered. Orbiting isn't one of the gestures, is it?
The Spark has the Circle Quickshots and in Active track mode you can make ir circle left and right and change directions and speed... dont know what you had it in ??? All the Best and Ace High !!!

Ok, so she went out of control somehow... like the other posts indicate. Took me a while to think and run out of camera range. I was afraid if I went to get the controller (by some trees) it would orbit and clip the trees.

in Active track mode you can make ir circle left and right and change directions and speed...
This is one of those awesome features that hasn't been talked about much. I've used it a few times with stationary subjects because it works great for controlling orbit. You can control orbit direction and speed. Really has some cool possibilities, just make sure you have room to fly sideways :).

Has anybody had issues with the Obstacle Avoidance showing a obstacle in the way but there was no obstacle in the way to avoid and the drone would not go forward unless I flue backwards. Seems like I have some issues with my obstacle avoidance detecting things when it clear. Also sometimes it hits an invisible wall when I flying any ideas.

Also sometimes it hits an invisible wall when I flying any ideas.
Beginner mode maybe? It creates invisible walls to protect you from going to far/high till you've had a chance to learn the controls.

OA sometimes reports an obstacle in the way when direct sunlight hits the sensor.

Also sometimes it hits an invisible wall when I flying any ideas.
Does the Glass bar in the front have anything on it? Smudges, dust? That's all my tiny brain can think of other than malfunctioning software xD
(hoping it isn't that)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme