Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark raw 1080p VS. Colorgraded 4K Upscale

It's a matter of taste of course, but I personally don't like the extreme saturation and contrast in the modified footage. This does not really work with landscapes in my opinion.
Also, I don't understand the 4K upgrade. 4k has roughly four times as many pixels as 1080p. But as the source material is 1080p, increasing the resolution will not make you image sharper, only larger. Maybe I'm missing something?

It's a matter of taste of course, but I personally don't like the extreme saturation and contrast in the modified footage. This does not really work with landscapes in my opinion.
Also, I don't understand the 4K upgrade. 4k has roughly four times as many pixels as 1080p. But as the source material is 1080p, increasing the resolution will not make you image sharper, only larger. Maybe I'm missing something?
It's "4K" to get past YouTubes compression. And I agree, this color preset is very oversaturated, and doesn't work well on all the shots. I am just starting to experiment with these color changing presets, so it is a work in progress I suppose.

It's "4K" to get past YouTubes compression. And I agree, this color preset is very oversaturated, and doesn't work well on all the shots. I am just starting to experiment with these color changing presets, so it is a work in progress I suppose.
Ah, now I understand.
Colorgrading is something that I have been wanting to "get" for a long time, but I don't seem to get the hang of it. Whatever I do, it never looks good (to me...).

Reactions: Rocco Germani
Ah, now I understand.
Colorgrading is something that I have been wanting to "get" for a long time, but I don't seem to get the hang of it. Whatever I do, it never looks good (to me...).
There are people who sell it, but I don't think I need to be sold something that I can do with a bit of practice haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delf