Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark RC and its SSID...?

rkentm

Join
May 1, 2019
Hey guys, new pilot here, and I have a question. After flying the Mavic Air a few months, I had the opportunity to pick up a nice Spark package from a poster here. I'm currently using an iOS phone and have been trying to connect via the Wi-Fi to the controller. Ive tried the different sequences offered by others with no luck. I have just ordered the OTG cable so that should fix it but...
As I scan the QR code on the back of the controller, I eventually get a message that it 'can not connect'. As instructed, I go back to settings, do the things directed, no luck.

Here's the interesting part. The RC has an Wi-Fi SSID identifier. It never shows up as an available signal on my phone...but, another RC-SSID appears on my phone...?! Its not the controller, its not the Spark, don't know where that unknown RC-SSID comes from.

Obviously, neither the controllers published password, nor the standard '12341234' will work. Again, its a Wi-Fi thing and the OTG cable will eliminate all this, just wondering...

Really enjoy all the discussion and support. Thanks.

Hey guys, new pilot here, and I have a question. After flying the Mavic Air a few months, I had the opportunity to pick up a nice Spark package from a poster here. I'm currently using an iOS phone and have been trying to connect via the Wi-Fi to the controller. Ive tried the different sequences offered by others with no luck. I have just ordered the OTG cable so that should fix it but...
As I scan the QR code on the back of the controller, I eventually get a message that it 'can not connect'. As instructed, I go back to settings, do the things directed, no luck.

Here's the interesting part. The RC has an Wi-Fi SSID identifier. It never shows up as an available signal on my phone...but, another RC-SSID appears on my phone...?! Its not the controller, its not the Spark, don't know where that unknown RC-SSID comes from.

Obviously, neither the controllers published password, nor the standard '12341234' will work. Again, its a Wi-Fi thing and the OTG cable will eliminate all this, just wondering...

I could only see my RC in wifi Settings when Spark aircraft was OFF.

I would advise:
1. Tell phone to "Forget" that mysterious RC-SSID in wifi Settings
2. Reset RC wifi by holding down power button continuously for 10 seconds (this will reset password back to 12341234)
3. With Spark OFF and Remote Control ON make wifi connection to RC in phone Settings
4. Next time you power cycle all 3 devices they should connect. If not just re-pair Spark to RC with triple button press (page 4 of User Manual).

Reactions: edkrisiak

You have to turn off and command your device to forget the WiFi system that's currently occupying your device. It's pretty obvious once you consider the problem that your device is facing. I assume by now you've discovered that. Other readers may benefit from this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme