Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Review

twidmer

Join
Dec 31, 2017
Having owned the Spark for a month and some change, what are expectations on longevity? I fly it pretty much every day with 3 batteries. It has its quirks, bit for the most part this little flyer does what I want it to. I spent money 9n gopros, etc.. And this spark is my fave. Waiting for it to fly away and leave me broken hearted. Lol.

Reactions: Dizz
I think the Spark will be around for a long time despite what people are saying about the Mavic Air killing the Spark. It's half the price of a MA and why would DJI just release the Portable Charging Station just before Christmas if they were planning on discontinuing the Spark. The Mavic Air folds up smaller but the Spark is still more portable especially with the charging station and bag. I love my Spark! I have had it since Christmas and it is a complement to my Phantom 3 Standard. I can just throw the Spark, Charging Station, controller and 2 extra batteries inside the Charging station bag and go hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, etc for a whole day and have the ability to re-charge the drone plus 2 batteries and my iPhone without ever having to come back and 'plug-in'. No other drone in DJI's lineup can currently do that including the new Mavic Air.

Chris

Reactions: BobfromNYC
I think the Spark will be around for a long time despite what people are saying about the Mavic Air killing the Spark. It's half the price of a MA and why would DJI just release the Portable Charging Station just before Christmas if they were planning on discontinuing the Spark. The Mavic Air folds up smaller but the Spark is still more portable especially with the charging station and bag. I love my Spark! I have had it since Christmas and it is a complement to my Phantom 3 Standard. I can just throw the Spark, Charging Station, controller and 2 extra batteries inside the Charging station bag and go hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, etc for a whole day and have the ability to re-charge the drone plus 2 batteries and my iPhone without ever having to come back and 'plug-in'. No other drone in DJI's lineup can currently do that including the new Mavic Air.

Chris

100% agreed! I do the same. Toss it in a bag and go hiking, charging along as i go. Thats a win for me.

Reactions: BobfromNYC
My Spark is my 'cheap throwaway' drone. I like it a lot, but do dislike some of its shortcomings (flight time, range, camera, gimbal), but I have no problem taking it anywhere.

My 'good' drone is a Typhoon H, but that is often more than I need (or can pack/carry) for certain situations.

Reactions: Sparkbart

Chris
I have not flown the spark properly yet, but will be doing next week, I also have the portable charging station which I have fitted into my carry case, everything in one bag ready to go

Attachments

• IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 27
My Spark is my 'cheap throwaway' drone. I like it a lot, but do dislike some of its shortcomings (flight time, range, camera, gimbal), but I have no problem taking it anywhere.

My 'good' drone is a Typhoon H, but that is often more than I need (or can pack/carry) for certain situations.
At around CAN$500, I don’t consider my Spark a ‘cheap throwaway’ drone. I have a $20 Eachine mini drone and a $100 Syma drone for that. The Spark and all its extras cost almost as much as my P3S and extras. My Spark fills in a gap where my P3S can’t. It’s my take everywhere drone.

Chris

At around CAN$500, I don’t consider my Spark a ‘cheap throwaway’ drone. I have a $20 Eachine mini drone and a $100 Syma drone for that. The Spark and all its extras cost almost as much as my P3S and extras. My Spark fills in a gap where my P3S can’t. It’s my take everywhere drone.

Chris
You are correct, but all of the add ons needed for a 400 dollar drone (got fly more bundle for that) are needed for a 1000 dollar drone. I meant it's the cheapest fully functional drone that is able to do 'enough' while sacrificing a little quality.

Reactions: Chrislaf
The Spark is a great little drone. I bought the MA and the MA is not replacing my Spark for all the reasons people are stating in the above. The MA is not an upgrade, its just different.

I think DJI will continue the Spark line for quite awhile. Its their entry level AP drone.

I'll admit similar to mjbok, I bought the Spark as my "I can afford to lose this drone". I take chances with my Spark I wouldn't dream of with any of my other more expensive drones. So in away I do consider it my "throw away" drone too...

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio