Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark stops in air! HELP.

Monkort

Join
Dec 26, 2018
Hey!
when I will fly away with my Spark, it stays in the air and howar, it is only possible to drive backwards then.What can this be due to?

Sorry for my poor english.

Are you in an enclosed area?
Sounds like your obstacle avoidance is kicking in - too close to something in the front of the Spark.
OA does this so you will not fly into something and only allows backwards flight to avoid what it thinks it is going to hit.
You should be hearing annoying beeping if you are.
Try again in an open area if you are.
Another thought, did you remove the protective tape from the front sensor?

No not directly, I would fly over a road at about 5 m height and then it stopped and just went back and to the sides.Can I set up somewhere so it doesn't stop for objects far from it? Could it have to do with calibration or something?Yes it sounds an annoying beeping.

Reactions: pmshop
No not directly, I would fly over a road at about 5 m height and then it stopped and just went back and to the sides.Can I set up somewhere so it doesn't stop for objects far from it? Could it have to do with calibration or something?Yes it sounds an annoying beeping.

The annoying beeping is indeed the obstacle avoidance - more rapid when closer to the object.
You can go into the general settings and turn it off - but mind you it is activated for your own safety and DJI won't cover a crash with it off.

You are looking for something like this:
Mavic-VN-Settings-1-1.jpg

Reactions: Andre Levite
Yes i find that, can the snow do so it think that its an obstacle ahead?

Yes. Snow would be an obstacle.

I read a story here that a member had a tough time navigating the Spark due to a swarm of bugs once because of OA. Had to fly backward to get out of there.

The annoying beeping is indeed the obstacle avoidance - more rapid when closer to the object.
You can go into the general settings and turn it off - but mind you it is activated for your own safety and DJI won't cover a crash with it off.

You are looking for something like this:
View attachment 8052

I'm fairly certain that DJI Care does cover a crash if OA is turned off. Can you provide a link that supports you assertion to the contrary? I believe it covers all
forms of pilot error as long as the drone was recoverable.

DJI basic warranty only covers crashes from equipment malfunction that can be confirmed in the flight log. Turning of OA certainly is not a malfunction.

Reactions: rich777
I'm fairly certain that DJI Care does cover a crash if OA is turned off. Can you provide a link that supports you assertion to the contrary? I believe it covers all
forms of pilot error as long as the drone was recoverable.

DJI basic warranty only covers crashes from equipment malfunction that can be confirmed in the flight log. Turning of OA certainly is not a malfunction.

I am speaking of warranty, not DJI Care Refresh
No link, just common sense.
You turn something off that is designed to protect you...
But I have seen stranger things.
I agree that if it is an issue unrelated to something that should have been caught by OA.

You aee, I personally have dealt with more warranty coverage than DJI Care Refresh because that is how DJI rules on their findings.
Warranty coverage repairs = 7
DJI Care Refresh = 3

This is with two Sparks I own.

I am speaking of warranty, not DJI Care Refresh
No link, just common sense.
You turn something off that is designed to protect you...
But I have seen stranger things.
I agree that if it is an issue unrelated to something that should have been caught by OA.

You aee, I personally have dealt with more warranty coverage than DJI Care Refresh because that is how DJI rules on their findings.
Warranty coverage repairs = 7
DJI Care Refresh = 3

This is with two Sparks I own.

Am I understanding your post correctly?

You have sent your Sparks to DJI for repair a total of TEN TIMES in less than 18 months?!?

I hope not

Last edited:
Am I understanding your post correctly?

You have sent your Sparks to DJI for repair a total of TEN TIMES in less than 18 months?!?

I hope not

Yes, 7 repairs in just over 1 year for TWO Sparks.
I bought into the Spark in October 2017

My main thing is the gimbal will not "hold the horizon" when trying to take a 21 pic pano or sphere.
Each pic on the horizon would stich together with a "stair step" to the next pic.

Sometimes on the return, I get a lemon right out of the box so that sets sent back immediately.
Ergo, the high amount of returns.
Of those 7 warranty, 2 were lemon exchanges and 1 was my first Spark right out of the box.
Would not set a home point at all - even sitting out in the open for the length of a battery.

So that is why I have 2, one in the shop, one to fly :cool:

Reactions: Andre Levite
Yes, 7 repairs in just over 1 year for TWO Sparks.
I bought into the Spark in October 2017

My main thing is the gimbal will not "hold the horizon" when trying to take a 21 pic pano or sphere.
Each pic on the horizon would stich together with a "stair step" to the next pic.

Sometimes on the return, I get a lemon right out of the box so that sets sent back immediately.
Ergo, the high amount of returns.
Of those 7 warranty, 2 were lemon exchanges and 1 was my first Spark right out of the box.
Would not set a home point at all - even sitting out in the open for the length of a battery.

So that is why I have 2, one in the shop, one to fly :cool:

I Liked your post.

Mostly for use of the word "ergo" :D

Reactions: Ronman29 and pmshop
Hey if it is always the same distance away from you then I would check the maximum distance parameter in settings. Probably a virtual maximum wall and will not go further unless the max distance is corrected. Hope this solves your problem.

Same thing happened to me 3-4x
Spark Just stopped responding while returning at 30-50' up 100-150' from controller
No reason. No obstacles - sunlight not a problem - no sound or clue from remote
RTH saved the day or I would have lost it. Any more ides on what could do this?

Same thing happened to me 3-4x
Spark Just stopped responding while returning at 30-50' up 100-150' from controller
No reason. No obstacles - sunlight not a problem - no sound or clue from remote
RTH saved the day or I would have lost it. Any more ides on what could do this?
Interference maybe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast