Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark twitching during gesture control

mimixtz

Join
Feb 3, 2018
Hi everybody,

Has anyone else noticed that?
Everything else is working fine.
So, during gesture control my Spark is twitching. It looks like hicups. It does that only during detecting any of the gestures. It follows gesture moves and it does everything: palm following, flying back, selfies, recording, approach, landing. It just looks a little scarry.
No problems at hoovering or any other mode.
It does that with all apps I have, even when not connected to RC or phone.
I updated everything before first use to the latest versions with assistant, no problems with that.
IMU and compass calibration also doesn't change anything.
Any idea what could be the peoblem?

Thank you for any advice on advance.

Mine seems to get indecisive. It recognizes me and then it doesn't. The lights go green and then go back to red, then back to green again. Sometimes it follows my hand and sometimes not.

Hmm,

well I understand what you mean, I allways observe the lights and so I know if Spark is monitoring my gesture or not. That is how I quickly figured out how to execute gestures and I can say that in my case it is almost 100% that it will do what I want.
Its just that twitching...
It looks and sounds very similar as this Phantom on the video:

The difference is that my Spark is doing that only in gesture mode and only while following my palm or other gestures.
If I don't make any gesture in gesture mode, it hoovers nicely. A soon as I put my palm in front of the 3D sensing system. it makes a twitch. If I hold my palm as still as I can, it hoovers nicely. As soon as I move it slightly, it makes a twitch as asoon as it starts to follow my palm and while doing that, it twitches here and there.
If I wave, it makes a twitch or 2 and then it flies back and up as it should, and then hoovers nicely again. If I make selfie gesture, it twitches once or twice and then as soon red lights starts to flash it hoovers nicely and it takes a photo after 3 sec as it should. If I make ''Y'' gesture, it twitches once or twice and then flies back to me as it should.
It's just that those twitches looks scarry, so I avoid using it in gesture mode although I would like to do that more often.
I would like to use it without RC or phone here and there but no way with those hicups - I don't want that they'd turn in a big sneeze and by by my Spark.
All other modes, active track, quick shots, tripod,... perfectly fine and steady.

I also have an issue with twitching during gesture control. Up down work great. Turn right works sometimes but turn left usually has twitching or ignores me.

Hi everybody,

Everything else is working fine.
So, during gesture control my Spark is twitching. It looks like hicups. It does that only during detecting any of the gestures. It follows gesture moves and it does everything: palm following, flying back, selfies, recording, approach, landing. It just looks a little scarry.
No problems at hoovering or any other mode.
It does that with all apps I have, even when not connected to RC or phone.
I updated everything before first use to the latest versions with assistant, no problems with that.
IMU and compass calibration also doesn't change anything.
Any idea what could be the peoblem?

Thank you for any advice on advance.

Mine does this too, it always has. It is almost like it is making micro movements.

Hi,

so your opinion is that this could be considered as normal?
I just watched some YouTube videos again and payed atention to that and you might be right.
I've noticed that they are all twitching a little bit, but it is hard to be sure since situation seems totaly different when spark is hovering almost in front of your nose and there is that twitching sound present.
I'm still not sure though, it seems to me that mine is twitching a little bit more.
As you wrote, micro movements, but very agressive ones, acompanied by little bit scarry sound.
I'll try to take a video next time.
At the moment it's just to cold outside, day is short, it is already dark when I come home from work. Last time I was flying there was also very cold light breeze. I couldn't feel my fingers any more.

Thank you guys for everything so far.

Hi,

so your opinion is that this could be considered as normal?
I just watched some YouTube videos again and payed atention to that and you might be right.
I've noticed that they are all twitching a little bit, but it is hard to be sure since situation seems totaly different when spark is hovering almost in front of your nose and there is that twitching sound present.
I'm still not sure though, it seems to me that mine is twitching a little bit more.
As you wrote, micro movements, but very agressive ones, acompanied by little bit scarry sound.
I'll try to take a video next time.
At the moment it's just to cold outside, day is short, it is already dark when I come home from work. Last time I was flying there was also very cold light breeze. I couldn't feel my fingers any more.

Thank you guys for everything so far.

The sound it makes is almost like a robotic zipping (like robotic bees) sound... right? If so, mine does the same thing when in gesture mode and tracking my hand.

Hello again,

here it is, from today's flights:

Is this normal?
Does other Sparks acting the same durig palm following in gesture mode?

Oh, than that is OK and normal obviously.:):D
Thank you very much.
False alarm then. :oops:
I hope anyone will find anything usefull in this topic anyway.;)

Reactions: AdamTheGreat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar