Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark uncontrollable crashed but recovered, any idea how this happened?

Sjassie

Join
Nov 6, 2019
Hi all,

Ok so today I took my spark for a fly an take some pictures at a beach surrounded by large rocks. I already flew here once without a problem. Now all of a sudden she goes all the way back and spins a few times and luckely crashes into some bushes on the rock side of the beach 20-30 meters high and 50m away from me and not into the sea. After a recovery mission with the gps coordinates on my screen and spinning her up a few times when I was nearby I got her back on the ground safe and sound. No visible damage to the spark, gimball or airscrews luckily. I was lucky I still had 10 flyminutes of battery left or I would have never found here again. Is there a way to know what went wrong? And can you let sparky make like a sound or something to locate it easier? As spinning her up is quite the risk when she crashed...

Have to add i fly it with the remote and connected to my phone with a cable. I do think I forgot to put my phone in flymode. There was a maveric pro flying nearby, maybe interference?

Wow. Sounds like a heck of a day.

If you follow the instructions below, you can obtain the flight log from your device with more details.

Although I haven't had to use it, there is the "Find My Drone" option from the start up screen of the Go4 app that is located on the top right corner .

It's a drop down menu to show you flight records and other stuff.

I have read that it may be possible to flash the lights and make the drone beep when you get close to it?

Since I fly with a WiFi only device with no GPS, I lose the ability to find my drone and check out that option if it's available for the Spark. It might be for rest of DJI's fleet?

Good job on the recovery. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme