Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark v Mavic Air - Flying Low and Close Comparison

I paused the video near the end and the Spark video is clearer and has more natural color, probably due to the Mavic filters. Is there a reason you used a filter on the Mavic and not on the Spark?

Reactions: Simon Cooper
I agree with the two replies, and add that ND filters add a yellowish/brownish footage. To counter this, use the custom kelvin setting in the white balance. move the slider toward 3200, which will cool the image and at least lessen the impact of the filters.

Kendallfordguy, the only reason I didn’t use filters on the Spark is cos I don’t have any. I bought the Mavic Air 2nd hand and it came with Polar Pro filters. I decided to give em a go. I agree, I like the footage from the Spark better, in this instance. I do need to fine tune the settings with the Mavic Air. As a MA newbie there’s so much more to play around with - frame rates, shutter speed, ISO, white balance - so much to learn. All good fun though. I’ll still be using my Spark cos I reckon it’s a cracker of a drone. The Mavic Air is definitely a big step up. It’s faster and more stable. I’ve just got to get a hang of the camera/video settings.

Reactions: BuckDashe
jonkyte, in this particular example, I agree. I do love the Spark and what it puts out. No complaints from me, that’s why I’m keeping it, as well as my new Mavic Air, which I need to learn how to set up properly.

Richard Ruckert, thanks for the advice. Any suggestions other than the settings I used, FPS -30, Shutter Speed - 1/60, ISO - 100, white balance - cloudy, ND Filter - 16.
Someone has also suggested that my choppy Mavic Air footage was due to a slow micro SD card? Someone else has suggested that I just need to reformat it? So much to learn with this new upgrade!

I like my spark footage better than my air for the most part. The air is better suited for some flights but when all is said and done..I'm sure as hell not getting rid of my Spark.

hiflyer, ditto re getting rid of my Spark. I reckon I’ll be using the two equally, 50/50. I love my Spark too much to offload it.

Reactions: BuckDashe
Brojon, I was trying to demo the differences between the two drones when flying close to objects. One is definitely more stable than the other. Inadvertently it also demonstrated my inexperience with nd filters, I should have had both drones on the same video settings.

Gotcha given the vast difference in sensors I'd expect the Air to do far better. In fact in the video it apopears the Air was much closer to the benches than the Spark.

Reactions: Simon Cooper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme