Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sphere Photo - I’ve almost got this..

freerange

Join
Nov 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

I took the spark up today;

Selected Sphere. It took the 46 images.

And I used the DJIGo4 app to stitch the images.

IMG_8254.jpg

I am very happy with the result. ( just a quick backyard lift off with some wind)

BUT,

When I want download / share / save / export the image;

I only get this;

IMG_8255.jpg
IMG_8258.jpg

Besides making a screen grab of the original, is there any other way of getting the sphere hi res image to my phone?

Thanks,

Pierre

You can either download the sphere from the drone once you have stitched it. Or you can Load the panorama images into something like THETA+ app or the Tiny Planet App or the microsoft ICE program.

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

I took the spark up today;

Selected Sphere. It took the 46 images.

And I used the DJIGo4 app to stitch the images.

View attachment 8289

I am very happy with the result. ( just a quick backyard lift off with some wind)

BUT,

When I want download / share / save / export the image;

I only get this;

View attachment 8290
View attachment 8291

Besides making a screen grab of the original, is there any other way of getting the sphere hi res image to my phone?

Thanks,

Pierre

Check this out from November 2017.

It may help.

Tiny Planet Tutorial Part II: New DJI Sphere Pano + Microsoft ICE

You can either download the sphere from the drone once you have stitched it. Or you can Load the panorama images into something like THETA+ app or the Tiny Planet App or the microsoft ICE program.

Thanks,

I’ll look into those app’s. I have ICE on my desktop but haven’t completely figured out all the options yet.

I downloaded the sphere from the drone but this was the result;

IMG_8258.jpg

This pictures in 2:1 ratio are typical for 360° pictures and can be used for the most things (VR apps etc.) I use ICE too because the quality at the end is much better. There are a lot of great tutorials on youtube. If you want the faster way you can use 360° viewer (P360 etc.) an load the 2:1 in the app and export it as a tiny planet

I use the Theta+ app and it's fairly straightforward. You open the app, find that "flat" panorama that you downloaded from the DJI Go app, and edit it as a tiny planet if that's what you want.

Attachments

• panorama.jpg
    panorama.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • thetaplus_20190108185956675.jpg
    thetaplus_20190108185956675.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Thanks,

I’ll look into those app’s. I have ICE on my desktop but haven’t completely figured out all the options yet.

I downloaded the sphere from the drone but this was the result;

View attachment 8292

Hi there, I have watched several tutorials on YouTube and read many posts as to how to make the interactive 360 pano work. The easiest method I found is described below.

Download the stitched image to your PC.
Go to theXifer.net - Just a Web Based EXIF Editor for Local, Cloud, Flickr, Bootstrap
Upload your image.
Go to the tab "XMP GPano Tags" and enter the following -
ProjectionType: "equirectangular"
UsePanoramaViewer: "true"
Close the editor and download the image.

Now if your phone is compatible, you can open the image from your Gallery and you will get an interactive 360 degree experience.
Otherwise, you can simply upload the image to Facebook or Google photos to get the interactive experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme