Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spiral/Helical antenna- Cool Making

Giantprawn60

Join
Jan 21, 2019
Hi gents,

So i had a couple bucks to spend and thought I'd try that Cool Making Yagi spiral antenna.It was selling on Ebay for cheap so i grabbed one. It mounts on your Spark's RC using same connectors as the ones from Argtek.Since i had already modded my RC with those,they mounted easilly(screw system).
So with my stock antenna i was getting 900m distance, with the Argtek panel antennas I got 1900m(i was so stoked).And now with those Cool Making ones I reached 2300m easily. I only RTH as i started the flight without much battery and though i wouldn't have enough juice to get home. But as far as transmission is concerned, i still had full signal. And between me and the bird were 2 hoods and a large pond (not many leaves as it's winter). I flew at 120m high but i had the RC(and therefore the antenna) aimed at the horizon so parallele to the ground.This way i was getting full signal.When the antenna was aiming at the sky towards the bird,I was losing a bar of signal.
Anyway just to say that this antenna,that doesn't have much coverage online, is truly amazing.I reckon i can reach just over 3km and maybe more in a clear environement.

Reactions: JJJONZ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast