Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sport mode will not turn on!?

kweinhagen

Join
Jan 7, 2018
I just got the spark remote and used sportScreenshot_20180107-174922.png mode once. Next day sport mode will not turn on, it tells me that
"intelligent flight mode has not been enabled" "enable this option in main controller settings if needed"!!!
Any ideas?

I don't see that option in MC settings. But, as long as beginner mode is turned off, you should be able to enter Sport mode.

Did you flip the Sport Mode switch before you took off? Or, after?

I have tried both. And every time it shows intelligent flight mode has not been enabled. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I did not help either

I'm stumped. Time to call DJI Support, I think.

Okay I figured it out!! I was messing around with the OTG cable (that dji update made to not work :() and when I connected with it again it gave me the option to turn it on. So I did and tested all work great now!!

Reactions: SparkCodingDummy
Okay I figured it out!! I was messing around with the OTG cable (that dji update made to not work :() and when I connected with it again it gave me the option to turn it on. So I did and tested all work great now!!

For others:

Rule #1 -- Do Not Ever Use an OTG cable if using iOS or Android. Period. Ever. Until DJI officially supports it...if they ever do.

That is all.

While not this issue, early on I had certain difficulties with some of the Spark functions. Once I quit using the OTG cable everything worked as described...

Rule #1 -- Do Not Ever Use an OTG cable if using iOS or Android. Period. Ever. Until DJI officially supports it...if they ever do.
Agreed!!
Once again we have people searching for an answer as to why features are not working right and finding that the answer is they are using the equipment wrong.
FORGET OTG cables people.
They DO NOT work.

Agreed!!
Once again we have people searching for an answer as to why features are not working right and finding that the answer is they are using the equipment wrong.
FORGET OTG cables people.
They DO NOT work.

'But they make the Spark fly further' /sarcasm

I wonder if DJI would cover a lost Spark if the owner used OTG.

OK! I have the same problem! I can't get it to sport mode and it says Intelligent Flight needs to be enabled but I can't locate.

I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and connected the spark to it - but I still can't see how I'd enable it.

Can someone tell me how?

When they say OTG cable, is that the white USB cable that came with the Spark??

Can you be more specific on what steps you took? I cant' figure this out. You are clearly smarter than I :)

Does this have anything to do with I can't activate the aircraft by the scanning the QR patch? When I try - it says scanning has failed and directs me toward connecting via wifi..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 3 times now and same thing has happened.. I am using a LG V20 phone.

Any help would be great appreciated it. I know I am not the only one that has this problem, but seems everyone some how figures it out - but I can't do that! I want to fly in sport mode! :)

Reactions: luca andrea
Does this have anything to do with I can't activate the aircraft by the scanning the QR patch? When I try - it says scanning has failed and directs me toward connecting via wifi..

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO 4 3 times now and same thing has happened.. I am using a LG V20 phone.

Any help would be great appreciated it. I know I am not the only one that has this problem, but seems everyone some how figures it out - but I can't do that! I want to fly in sport mode! :)
First I would make sure beginner mode is disabled. As long as you are using the remote through WiFi and not otg (on the go cable, plugs remote directly to phone) then I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. I’m a newbie and scared of the sports toggle at the moment. However, it does work. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh