Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sport mode will not turn on!?

Beginner mode is disabled - I have 3 friends that have Sparks and all three of them said they didn't have to do anything for it to become active, just move the switch.. however mine doesn't.
I have had all 3 of them look at my menu and they say the intelligent mode is missing in my settings. I ordered a OTG cable just to see if I can access it through there to activate it... not to use all the time.. I hear using the OTG is not good and not possible from last update.

Beginner mode is disabled - I have 3 friends that have Sparks and all three of them said they didn't have to do anything for it to become active, just move the switch.. however mine doesn't.
I have had all 3 of them look at my menu and they say the intelligent mode is missing in my settings. I ordered a OTG cable just to see if I can access it through there to activate it... not to use all the time.. I hear using the OTG is not good and not possible from last update.
Man that sucks! Can you try one of your linking one of your friends controller and see if theirs works with your spark? Or have them try to use yours? I really hope you figure this out. Good luck

I am too much of a newbie.. I can't get the OTG cable to work. I am wondering if it's cause of the version I am using.. someone told me the latest version on the spark will not allow OTG? Not sure if there is any truth to that..

When I connect it, it just wants to charge my controller it seems.. even though I change the setting on my phone to transfer data etc..

I am wondering if I should just uninstall the app and do a total reset on the Spark. (I bought it used)

I am too much of a newbie.. I can't get the OTG cable to work. I am wondering if it's cause of the version I am using.. someone told me the latest version on the spark will not allow OTG? Not sure if there is any truth to that..

When I connect it, it just wants to charge my controller it seems.. even though I change the setting on my phone to transfer data etc..

I am wondering if I should just uninstall the app and do a total reset on the Spark. (I bought it used)
OTG is NOT supported by DJI

Well, I think they do, isn't this an option for the Mavic?

I've seen tons of people using it. Now, I understand using it and 'supporting' it is two different things.

But I was told to use the OTG cable to access more options in the main controller menu to turn on flight modes.

Well, I think they do, isn't this an option for the Mavic?

I've seen tons of people using it. Now, I understand using it and 'supporting' it is two different things.

But I was told to use the OTG cable to access more options in the main controller menu to turn on flight modes.
Its not an "option" for the Mavic, its the only way to connect the Mavic to the RC.

You're are correct people are using the DJI unsupported OTG via a "hack" that seems to get updated twice a day. Which will void ANY DJI warranty if something were to happen.

I tried another phone and it didn't prompt me for the error, but still won't go to Sport Mode.
Going back to the place I purchased it tomorrow to have them look at it and or exchange it out.

I just had to call their tech support at 1 (818) 235 0789 three times - all three times the tech support agent said 100% DJI Spark supports OTG.

I have to call them back again as I don't have my Spark with me - but when I get home tonight they are going to help trouble-shoot this for me.
Just odd that 3 different people said Spark does in fact support OTG.

I just had to call their tech support at 1 (818) 235 0789 three times - all three times the tech support agent said 100% DJI Spark supports OTG.

I have to call them back again as I don't have my Spark with me - but when I get home tonight they are going to help trouble-shoot this for me.
Well typical of DJI support

OK, I was able to to get it to work.

Once I put my phone in airplane mode - connected the factory LG V20 phone cable to the OTG adapter - turned on the controller than the aircraft, plugged it in and it connected. Once connected I was able to enable the flight modes. It was a blast! Removed the OTG cable and did it Wifi and it still worked!

So not sure why I had to do all that - but it's working and I am happy. Now I get to learn how to fly! :)

Also, just got my TagMyDrone FAA stickers along with my DecalGirl decal (Desert Camo) haha

Okay I figured it out!! I was messing around with the OTG cable (that dji update made to not work :() and when I connected with it again it gave me the option to turn it on. So I did and tested all work great now!!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Oh man. I've been toying with this occasionally for like the last month! The same thing happened to me and I didn't realize it until I read you post. Before I got my Spark, I read reviews back in November that said if you had Android you should definitely get the OTG cable. So I ordered one to go with mine from the start and the first few flights I used it but it was to early to even try sport mode. I only used wifi after an attempted flight with a new device where the cable didn't work. So after using wifi I noticed that it gave me more details (speed, battery, etc) than the cable. That's when I read up that DJI stopped supporting the cable. So I've never used the OTG cable since. During some of those initial flights I must have accidentally disabled the Intelligent Flight Modes and it's been disabled ever since. Because I screwed things up from the beginning, I had never seen my drone go faster than ~6mph initially until I changed the "Max Speed Flight Settings", which got me to ~14mph. But sport mode never made a difference at all. Now I know why.

All this time, I thought it was a warning about disabled obstacle avoidance or something and that I might have a busted drone. Sheesh!

Again
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

For anyone else going through this, the setting you're looking for with the OTG cable enabled looks like this. Once re-enabled with the OTG, you can use Sport Mode successfully with wifi! I just clocked 31.9mph!!!!2018-02-27_02_40_39-edit.jpg

Okay, based on this it looks like DJI do supports the use of OTG cable for the Spark, right?

OK! I have the same problem! I can't get it to sport mode and it says Intelligent Flight needs to be enabled but I can't locate.

I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 and connected the spark to it - but I still can't see how I'd enable it.

Can someone tell me how?

When they say OTG cable, is that the white USB cable that came with the Spark??
I understand your frustration. No, an OTG cable is a separate piece of hardware. That connects a mobile device to the Sparks controller. And it sounds like you’re not using REMOTE CONTROLLER. Keep in mind “SportMode” is a physical switch on the controller. There is no other way of using it. The theory behind the OTG is that it connects the signal that the remote controller receives from the aircraft directly. Thereby reducing the signal interference that you might receive from nearby wifi sources. But since this has never been endorsed OFFICIALLY by DJI. Some of us who have flown with the OTG and have seen false telemetry readings and sometimes no readings at all, have chosen to stop using it.
Getting back to topic. SportMode is a physical switch, not a software setting.
I do hope this helps
Cheers

Okay, based on this it looks like DJI do supports the use of OTG cable for the Spark, right?
Just to give each pilot the best answer. The OTG is great for updating your Spark And remote. Since it connects directly to the remote and still gives you the option of keeping your wifi enabled. Typically unless you’re using the DJI Desktop app, you would download the update first, go into wifi settings turn off your wifi and connect to your remote and finish your update. So, hey it works perfect for that. But to be fair, I would say try using it and decide for yourself. In my case, my wifi signal works fine in most locations I’ve flown in.
As far as DJI Tech Support saying that,.... well until an official video comes out with the agent connecting it and showing how to use it ..and stating the benefits. I don’t think it’s official.
My 2 cents

Reactions: DesertWindAero
I use otg, on an official build of Go4 released by DJI, its not a "hack" not only does it work, it helps to fly in areas where there is a lot of interference, stronger signal strength isnt just to fly far away. Its saved me more than a few times having the "option" to use otg. I imagine if you dont use it, you dont need it, if one doesnt need it, then one wont truly understand why someone would.

Reactions: Grin factpr
Okay I figured it out!! I was messing around with the OTG cable (that dji update made to not work :() and when I connected with it again it gave me the option to turn it on. So I did and tested all work great now!!
I have the same problem and still can't get sport mode to work, can u tell me how u got it to work

Reactions: Z.Rozanoff
Hey everyone I also have the same problem sports mode not working.

There is a lot of discussion here but very little about getting it to work.
Would really appreciate a step-by-step guide on how to enable sports mode again, because it did work before the last update with OTG cable.

Somebody posted a screenshot of the intelligent flight mode. I do believe that was from of the hacked version of the DJI 4 app. I'm running original software and it doesn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit