Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tablet

frets

Join
Aug 28, 2017
Looking for a tablet compatible with my spark tried a nexus to much messing to work,need it to work like my iPhone 6 wondered if a ipad mini 2 would do it
I know ipad mini 4 does the job but tying to get something cheaper thanks

My only fear with the mini 2 is that it might not be strong enough to render the video smoothly while everything is running at full blast during flight. My fear is not tested though. You could probably pickup a good used one for fairly cheap

I use a mini 4 (wi-fi only).

I purchased it just for the Spark.

I'm not an Apple guy but read too much about the Droids and Spark not doing well depending on models.

The only draw back is that I have to cache maps in go4 before I fly somewhere remote without wifi, since it's WiFi only.

Or I could hot spot my phone if service is available and get live maps cached on the spot.
Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it'll work.

If you live here in the US, I just bought a Nuvision Solo 8ac from Sams Club for $69. It's wifi only and it had better connection than my Galaxy S7, and that's with no OTG cable.

Reactions: 1px0ff
Been wondering about that too. What's nice about the iPad Mini is that it fits perfectly under the remote controller, no other 8" tablet can do that AFAIK.

Reactions: 1px0ff
I use a mini 4 (wi-fi only).

I purchased it just for the Spark.

I'm not an Apple guy but read too much about the Droids and Spark not doing well depending on models.

The only draw back is that I have to cache maps in go4 before I fly somewhere remote without wifi, since it's WiFi only.

Or I could hot spot my phone if service is available and get live maps cached on the spot.
Haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it'll work.
Just curious, a mini 4 would not fit in the RC holder would it? So how do you use/mount a tablet with the Spark RC?
I have a Galaxy Note 4 and it barely fits and is a PITA to be honest...

Just curious, a mini 4 would not fit in the RC holder would it? So how do you use/mount a tablet with the Spark RC?
I have a Galaxy Note 4 and it barely fits and is a PITA to be honest...

My mini 4 will fit in my RC.

It's a snug fit with NO trimming of the RC pads that some people have to do?

I use a Dirty J Designs tablet holder that breaks down easily for storage.

I like having a lanyard to hang the gear around my neck just in case I accidentally drop it.

Good to have a life line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harlequin66
I am curious too about tablets as I use an iPhone 6S but would like a bigger screen. As the subject is mentioned above I’m confused about if I need a WiFi only or WiFi + cellular. I also am not sure if I can stretch to an iPad mini 4 as in Aus they are about $700. Any other suggestions or advice?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy