Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Taking your spark abroad

Jonz82

Join
Nov 30, 2017
Does anyone have any experience taking their spark to other countries and if so how did you get on through customs. I would like to take mine to Thailand then on to the Philippines, not sure if anyone has done this recently and can provide any information.

Many thanks

Jonny

I have mine in the Phillipines right now. I came from Vietnam. Not had one issue and have been on over 10 flights within both countries.

bought my spark in Malaysia, travelled to Singapore, Indonesia and Philippines.

No prob:)

Does anyone have any experience taking their spark to other countries and if so how did you get on through customs. I would like to take mine to Thailand then on to the Philippines, not sure if anyone has done this recently and can provide any information.

Many thanks

Jonny
Have a go using the search function on the forum.... The subject of airline travel with the Spark has been covered numerous times already.

Thanks guys that's certainly put my mind at ease, I can't wait to get some footage of the Philippines. ;)

Reactions: king2k3k4
Hey Jonz, I have travelled with my Spark all over and no problem, just take care on Asia, many countries here have a very strict policy on batteries. Mostly it can't be dispatched, it must go as a carrie on luggage and they do scan all luggages for batteries and dangerous goods.

No problems getting it through to Japan in August. I'll be back in Japan with it in a 2 weeks and China in a few days after that. I'll report back.

No problem with flying into Mexico with my drone, we are in Cabo San Lucas, staying at the Playa Grande Resort. I checked with the resort before flying and they only requested I don't fly over the resort or people, common sense rules. The only issue I have had is our resort is high up next to a mountain that is around 450ft high, and I can't fly over over with the 400 ft flight limitation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar