Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tello

I think the Tello uses Bluetoooth to use remote?

Here is a thread on the TelloPilots site that talks about a remote for the Tello.

Reactions: D Kay and clackey
Going from a Spark to a Tello was a frustrating experience. It is so limited in every way. Only suitable for indoor use and that got boring quickly. Gave mine to my kids after a week.

Tello is really just a toy to get a new group of consumers hooked on droning. Good marketing idea but severely short range and crummy video.

I should have used that money to get 2, more Spark batteries. ;)

I have both and though it can not fly well in wind, it is extremely a great deal of fun. It is so small I leave it in my truck in a case. Takes good pictures but as described,it is no Spark but does flips,throw launch and hand land. It is the only drone of the 4 I have that I would fly indoors. Best $99 I have spent on drones.

Reactions: Icemanwbs and D Kay
Going from a Spark to a Tello was a frustrating experience. It is so limited in every way. Only suitable for indoor use and that got boring quickly. Gave mine to my kids after a week.

Tello is really just a toy to get a new group of consumers hooked on droning. Good marketing idea but severely short range and crummy video.

I should have used that money to get 2, more Spark batteries. ;)
I feel same

Tello with a WiFi range extender, is a lot of fun outdoors, and the only one I fly indoors too.
Should also mention TALS apps to actually extend the altitude ... Goes 30 mtrs only... Good for what it is no doubt... I love mine... Trying to get my 6 yr old to learn that one while I fly sparky

I have both and though it can not fly well in wind, it is extremely a great deal of fun. It is so small I leave it in my truck in a case. Takes good pictures but as described,it is no Spark but does flips,throw launch and hand land. It is the only drone of the 4 I have that I would fly indoors. Best $99 I have spent on drones.
Definitely[emoji106]

Heard the tellow looses connection it will land where it is at that moment. Can anyone confirm that?

I had a Tello for a week, before I exchanged it for a Spark. If I remember correctly, yes, it does land where it is at that moment, as it doesnt have GPS, so it wouldnt know where to go elsewhere.
There's an app named aTellopilot. Somehow it's able to return to home. It has some cool features like headless mode, face tracking, head tracking, supports most game controllers, and return to home. It's not free but worth the small price and help support the programmer that is working on it. It gets updates often and is getting better all the time.

The spark is a very good aircraft one of my very favorites.. and it is not a toy it will hang with the best of them!!!!
Yes, the Spark is a nice little aircraft. However, to say that it can hang with the best of them is just silly. Even my 3 year old P3A is leaps and bounds ahead of my Spark when it comes to performance and camera quality/customization. The Spark is what it is, an entry-level drone that introduces many people to the hobby. It’s lack of camera settings/resolution, battery life and range make it quite basic when compared to the Phantom lineup, as well as the Mavic lineup. Even the P3S is superior when it comes to video capabilities, battery life and aerial stability. The one advantage the Spark has is that it’s incredibly small and portable. Aside from that, it shouldn’t be compared to the higher level models.

Should also mention TALS apps to actually extend the altitude ... Goes 30 mtrs only... Good for what it is no doubt... I love mine... Trying to get my 6 yr old to learn that one while I fly sparky
Thanks for the heads-up on the TALS app. It makes my Tello a lot more interesting drone. I still fly my Spark most of the time while the P4P is sitting on the shelf waiting for the situation that requires its muscle. In most cases the Spark takes good enough videos and pictures, and its un-threatening size and appearance makes it the one I prefer to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis