Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Terrible Spark WiFi

1uk3y

Join
Jan 4, 2019
Loc
West Midlands, UK
Hey,

Recently I have been having some issues with WiFi range from RC to Spark. I can’t fly it 35-40 meters now without the Spark disconnecting from the RC! I haven’t flown the Spark in at least 3 months, took it up to the Peak District, I was on moorlands in the middle of nowhere with no real interference and I was getting signal errors and 2 bars, even with the Spark like 2 meters away!

I’ve recently changed from an iPhone to a new Samsung galaxy S10 but that can’t be the issue surely??

Any guidance or help would be appreciated ! ?

I’ve recently changed from an iPhone to a new Samsung galaxy S10 but that can’t be the issue surely??

If you have recently switched from iOS to Android and flying without OTG cable, this could well be the issue.
I am an Android user too and if I don't use the cable, the signal strength shows 3 bars even before takeoff.
If I use the cable, I get 3 bars even at 700m.

What does an otg cable have to do with connection between ac and controller???

What does an otg cable have to do with connection between ac and controller???

Nothing. Other than it frees up the resources of the RC by just having one WiFi signal, RC to AC, and perhaps that allows a better connection since the RC is wired directly to the device.

I used to fly exclusively via WiFi but purchased some cables and have found it to be better.

No lag or pixelated screen like I would occasionally get when using the WiFi hookup.

Reactions: nilanjan118
im finding the spark is a piece of junk designed just to get our money and satisfy us for a bit.. dji really wants you to spend 1 grand on a copter.... i should of saved up for that.. not to mention i bought goggles for it boy did i get screwed

im finding the spark is a piece of junk designed just to get our money and satisfy us for a bit.. dji really wants you to spend 1 grand on a copter.... i should of saved up for that.. not to mention i bought goggles for it boy did i get screwed
I don't agree mate. Dji Spark is great piece of kit. I have OTG on mine and got 1.2kms easily. I then did an antenna mod and installed ARGtek antennas and(with OTG) got up to 2.3kms(i then chickened out i came back). Video at 1080p is plenty(Youtube).
I use a Nvidia tablet and it works brilliantly.Switch off Bluetooth,WIFI and have Airplane mode on.

I also disagree. I have a Mavic Pro, a Mavic Pro 2, a Mavic Air and P4P in addition to my Spark. I fly the Spark as much as any of them. It's a fantastic quad that does it's designated job quite well. It's also the sturdiest little beast in the fleet. I flown it in all sorts of terrible situations.

• Love
Reactions: Medley and Haggi
When connecting the Samsung S10 to the RC with an OTG it now seems to be working better - no picture lag or pixelation.
Having tested this earlier in the week it seems I’m still seeing just one bar on the WiFi (rc to spark) most of the time but this doesn’t stop the drone flying 4-500m in 2.4g mode.. So the visual WiFi signal indicator isnt actually giving an accurate representation of signal which is annoying and never happened with iOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef