Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The New Firmware updates make the Spark like we wanted it 6 weeks ago.

Sterling Collins

Join
Jun 22, 2017
Four Upgrades last night for the DJI Spark , AC V01.00.0500 ... RC V01.00.0300 ... DJI Go 4 V4.1.4 and the Apple Ipad Mini 3 upgrade plus the batteries . All went perfect and took about 1/2 hour for all . Fired it right up in the house ( w / blade guards of course , dont use them outside ) to test and went super well .And the OTG cable still works . Then went in the backyard and checked all the new software upgrades . All went perfect and worked flawless . The Spark is now as we wanted it 6 weeks ago . I have had mine up about 35 times with no issues and the Firmware upgrades just add to my confidence in the Spark ( like my P3A and P4P ) . Next week will be going to Mission Bay and Cardiff by the Sea in San Diego to hang it 300 or 400 feet above the ocean and try all .I am impressed ... All enjoy and Hats off to DJI for the very nice upgrades !!!

Attachments

• 20170630_210651.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Sorry to sound daft but how do you upgrade the batteries? Have upgraded my firmware and RC, have three batteries but no 'prompt' to upgrade these! Even tried connecting to Mac and DJI Assistant but nothing. I'm using IOS.

Reactions: Sterling Collins
Sorry to sound daft but how do you upgrade the batteries? Have upgraded my firmware and RC, have three batteries but no 'prompt' to upgrade these! Even tried connecting to Mac and DJI Assistant but nothing. I'm using IOS.
I shut the spark and the RC down each time after all the upgrades for each battery and fired it back up and all was good to go with no upgrade notices or problems ---- hope that helps ... thanks

I said the exact same thing and realize I've been doing the battery Upgrade ALL WRONG or really not at all on even my Mavic...

So, what you have to do is after you get the remote and Spark Upgrade completed on the current battery; Keep your DJI GO App running and the Remote running without the OTG cable just via WiFi, keep the DJI Assistant up and running; Power off the Spark, Put in one of your other batteries; Power up the Spark and let it connect to the DJI Assistant. I got a pop-up that said something about a "Firmware Incompatibility". I acknowledged the message and the battery updated immediately started. I looked at my DJI GO app and the status bar was reporting some type of battery error during the update.

After it completed everything was good, I then repeated the above steps to my remaining battery...

I too am a convert. All upgrades today and it works fantastic, no drop outs, just solid flying, went out a thou feet or so and about 120 ft altitude. I'll keep it now.

I said the exact same thing and realize I've been doing the battery Upgrade ALL WRONG or really not at all on even my Mavic...

So, what you have to do is after you get the remote and Spark Upgrade completed on the current battery; Keep your DJI GO App running and the Remote running without the OTG cable just via WiFi, keep the DJI Assistant up and running; Power off the Spark, Put in one of your other batteries; Power up the Spark and let it connect to the DJI Assistant. I got a pop-up that said something about a "Firmware Incompatibility". I acknowledged the message and the battery updated immediately started. I looked at my DJI GO app and the status bar was reporting some type of battery error during the update.

After it completed everything was good, I then repeated the above steps to my remaining battery...
Yes you did it ... I got those messages after the upgrades too but when the system was reset all was good .... and I checked all afterwords .. then fired it up !!! She works just fine !!!! All the best and Aces High !!!

Reactions: Sparkbart
I too am a convert. All upgrades today and it works fantastic, no drop outs, just solid flying, went out a thou feet or so and about 120 ft altitude. I'll keep it now.
Good Show !! The way it should be ... fun and fly and photos and movies and no problems ... I like the new 180 pano ... they look great on my 50 " !!!!!

After upgrading firmware and DJI GO4 (no RC yet), my Spark seems faster. Even yaw seems to be quicker than before (used to crawl). Anyone else noticed this?

After upgrading firmware and DJI GO4 (no RC yet), my Spark seems faster. Even yaw seems to be quicker than before (used to crawl). Anyone else noticed this?
This is very good hear . Improved aircraft and RC responsiveness was on the firmware list . I tested mine in the house and backyard but that will change this weekend when I go out to the ocean and can throw the Spark around and then I will know . The RC is the only way to fly the Spark with precision control . Thanks for the info as that is good news !!!!! Fly safe and Have Fun !!!!

So how would i update drone and rc. I am on holiday and dont really have access to a pc.
I did not use a pc -- did it all with the wi-fi in my home and the spark and rc hooked up and on -- it will prompt you for an up date ... lots of vids on you tube on this --- good luck and should work just fine ....

Just bought my Spark yesterday, and I hesitate to upgrade firmware mainly bcoz i aware of the issues, and the boss advice me not to update yet... but yeah I know the yaw movement is like crawling as you said....

Just bought my Spark yesterday, and I hesitate to upgrade firmware mainly bcoz i aware of the issues, and the boss advice me not to update yet... but yeah I know the yaw movement is like crawling as you said....

Update it: fears are groundless....

Thanks: I did as you said, connected via RC and wi-fi, got the 'incompatible' message on each of my remaining batteries and they are now updated. So all should be good - now if only the gale outside would calm down, I could go try it!

Update it: fears are groundless....
100% agree! Update it. This particular update is a functional/operational update intended to fix flaws. Senseless to wait, because the older FW versions are/were surely flawed.

You always want the most current upgrade . Your drone is a compute and needs current info to make it better . I have 3 DJI drones and never had a firmware issue or problem with the upgrade . It always makes the drone better . The Spark needs all the new help it can get from the new Great upgrade that came out . It make it better !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502