Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The OTG port, it's not USB!

I get what Glen is saying.... I too noticed that it's a rectangle shape (micro-A) not trapezium shape like a standard micro-B USB port.
So your micro-USB OTG cable is a bit loose when it's plugged in because there would be a gap (not gripping the top edge of the plug)
I have knocked it out a few times mid-flight because of this.
Is there an OTG cable with micro-A plug available?

Reactions: jeffyhk
The microUSB-to-lightning cable does not provide the same functionality as the OTG cable from what I’ve read. This is the setup I am using and it works well.

Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, Charging and Syncing for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black) Amazon.com: Zeskit Lightning to USB Cable Pro for Headphones Amplifier / DAC - MFi Certified, Charging and Syncing for iPhone iPod iPad (10cm / 4 inches, Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

UGREEN Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable On The Go Adapter Male Micro USB to Female USB for Samsung S7 S6 Edge S4 S3 Android or Windows Smart Phones Tablets wit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LN3LQKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_fnKypP7N2cK95

It's the same port as the Mavic has had since day one and that would be a Micro USB. Yes, it's form figure is slightly different from that of a regular Micro USB Port but it's connection is definitely Micro USB.

It's a USB port. The reason OTG is not supported is because of Apple's MFI licensing. This has been more or less confirmed by DJI staff on other forums.

Reactions: BayouBill
The included white cable has a micro B male end, and the controller has a micro A female end. This seems rather odd unless DJI just used the “A” version to be compatible with both types of cables.
Because they don't want you to use the port with OTG.... purely for charging the remote (They are not supporting the "idea".... for now?)

The question is what connector type is on the OTG official adapter they use for their Googles? If it is A, it is coherent.

I too noticed that the slot was rectangular and not trapezoid. I didnt know about micro-A and micro-B until I see this thread! (coming from apple devices, i barely see micro usb to be honest haha) thanks for this info.

Reactions: Glen e

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar