Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The pause button is your friend!

I crashed my drone yesterday because i panic-ed by losing control of the spark (in ATTI mode), the pause button could have saved me from replacing the motor. I suggest while in ATTI mode either look at your drone to fly or look at your phone to fly it but NEVER both so you don't risk losing your sense of orientation.
what is ATTI mode mean

what is ATTI mode mean
The Spark will auto switch to ATTI mode in the following situations:

1) The Spark is experiencing some type of compass-related error and the Spark determines it cannot safely hold its horizontal position. This most commonly occurs when taking off near a magnetic metal object (e.g. rebar in concrete sidewalk). If you take off in this situation, the controls will likely not respond as expected (even if you are aware of the Spark's orientation). You should attempt to land your Spark as quickly as possible.

To prevent this from occurring, make sure there are no magnetic metal objects near the Spark while it's powered on. The DJI GO app will sometimes alert you of this magnetic interference by displaying a message at the top of DJI GO. No message is not a sign that all is okay though. Before taking off, you should verify that the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO is pointing in the same direction as the Spark (and that it's not slowly rotating).

2) If the Spark is not connected to enough GPS satellites or loses the connection to satellites it was previously connected to (like when flying around tall obstacles), it could auto switch to ATTI mode. When flying in ATTI mode in this situation, you'll have to manually control the horizontal position of the Spark since it won't use its GPS data to auto hold its horizontal position. Your Spark will drift along with the wind if you do not keep on the sticks to counteract the drifting. Controlling the Spark in this situation is quite easy if there is no wind. However, if the wind is strong, you might have a lot of trouble getting your Spark back to the home point or to a safe landing location.

Not from me but msinger well known here. also go to the search icon and you will find a lot of info on ATTI mode hope this helps.

. Anyone other than experts who fly with out prop guards has a fool for a pilot![/QUOTE said:
When I first got my Spark I used the prop and hand guards to fly in the house. With those guards the battery was drained in 6-8 minutes. Replacement props are 5 bucks a pop. I don't think the guards would save the rest of the Spark and with dji Care I'd rather get the extra flight time

The Spark will auto switch to ATTI mode in the following situations:

1) The Spark is experiencing some type of compass-related error and the Spark determines it cannot safely hold its horizontal position. This most commonly occurs when taking off near a magnetic metal object (e.g. rebar in concrete sidewalk). If you take off in this situation, the controls will likely not respond as expected (even if you are aware of the Spark's orientation). You should attempt to land your Spark as quickly as possible.

To prevent this from occurring, make sure there are no magnetic metal objects near the Spark while it's powered on. The DJI GO app will sometimes alert you of this magnetic interference by displaying a message at the top of DJI GO. No message is not a sign that all is okay though. Before taking off, you should verify that the red aircraft symbol on the map in DJI GO is pointing in the same direction as the Spark (and that it's not slowly rotating).

2) If the Spark is not connected to enough GPS satellites or loses the connection to satellites it was previously connected to (like when flying around tall obstacles), it could auto switch to ATTI mode. When flying in ATTI mode in this situation, you'll have to manually control the horizontal position of the Spark since it won't use its GPS data to auto hold its horizontal position. Your Spark will drift along with the wind if you do not keep on the sticks to counteract the drifting. Controlling the Spark in this situation is quite easy if there is no wind. However, if the wind is strong, you might have a lot of trouble getting your Spark back to the home point or to a safe landing location.

Not from me but msinger well known here. also go to the search icon and you will find a lot of info on ATTI mode hope this helps.

Thanks man was always curious ive taken off in atti mode before then when i get above the trees it connects to gps

I am in Ecuador at present and flew my spark in extreme conditions. While wanting to film a 248 ft waterfall and standing at the base with walls of natural rock all around me I launched it in atti mode with 2 satellites in the pit where I was standing with home point on the remote location. I started getting gps signal at 190 ft so I went all up out of the pit and got good footage and came back with VLOS and all ok. This experience led to another epic moment when I was following a trail besides the river after the falls and still with 250 ft walls on both sides. Trees everywhere except in the river so I launched my spark with no home point, and no gps signal to be able to film a rock formation on a side wall. At 74ft high in atti mode all was great until all of a sudden my spark decided to fly away on its own at 28 kmh. It was headed parallel to the river going downstream.The controls on the remote were useless and RTH was not considered since I was like in jungle conditions so the pause button came to mind in my panic situation and guess what,,,, IT WORKED !!! It stopped and hovered over the river while I ran towards it. I tried to lower it a few times but had to pause two or three times as it always wanted to fly away. when I got close to it, I finally could lower it and grab it. All I can say is I think there was a magnetic field created by the tall side walls and it made my spark go crazy. PAUSE button saved the day. I wanted to attach the file to show but it was mp4 and this site says I cannot because of incorrect file extension. what do I have to convert it to ?

This was the site.

Attachments

• 956BE9FE-A2C7-4B8B-B149-66E20E35D223.png
    956BE9FE-A2C7-4B8B-B149-66E20E35D223.png
    4 MB · Views: 35
  • F72BB569-5779-44C8-8C26-F6C32F8D747F.png
    F72BB569-5779-44C8-8C26-F6C32F8D747F.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 35
I am in Ecuador at present and flew my spark in extreme conditions. While wanting to film a 248 ft waterfall and standing at the base with walls of natural rock all around me I launched it in atti mode with 2 satellites in the pit where I was standing with home point on the remote location. I started getting gps signal at 190 ft so I went all up out of the pit and got good footage and came back with VLOS and all ok. This experience led to another epic moment when I was following a trail besides the river after the falls and still with 250 ft walls on both sides. Trees everywhere except in the river so I launched my spark with no home point, and no gps signal to be able to film a rock formation on a side wall. At 74ft high in atti mode all was great until all of a sudden my spark decided to fly away on its own at 28 kmh. It was headed parallel to the river going downstream.The controls on the remote were useless and RTH was not considered since I was like in jungle conditions so the pause button came to mind in my panic situation and guess what,,,, IT WORKED !!! It stopped and hovered over the river while I ran towards it. I tried to lower it a few times but had to pause two or three times as it always wanted to fly away. when I got close to it, I finally could lower it and grab it. All I can say is I think there was a magnetic field created by the tall side walls and it made my spark go crazy. PAUSE button saved the day. I wanted to attach the file to show but it was mp4 and this site says I cannot because of incorrect file extension. what do I have to convert it to ?
That's quite an amazing escape. If you want to share the video, you need to upload it on YouTube and share the link here. Video files are not directly supported in this forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67